No soul.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is not one player in the team who I was hoping would step up and lift the team when we were down. In years gone by we had players like Reynolds, Ennis, Graham, Mason, etc.

There is not one inspirational player in the team.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is not one player in the team who I was hoping would step up and lift the team when we were down. In years gone by we had players like Reynolds, Ennis, Graham, Mason, etc.

You're 100% spot on... we have no players that put on the big hit with intent to hurt... or run at the line tasting blood... nobody firing up the team motivating their asses off... and Nasheed, I hope Thompson is one of those, but we haven't quite seen it yet.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a reason we could have kept Tolman on the cheap. He brought that hunger to the team. It isn’t his fault no one else wants the ball on the fourth. That could have been coached away.

This is the thing. Our team last year were not all that bad.
We had a couple of problems;
-no halfback (director) to lead the attack to allow Foran to do his thang.
- fitness was critically bad.
- one more big body,

Fitness was fixed by the new admin and Trent, it was controllable.
We bought Flanagan. This in theory solved the director half back issue.
Hetherington and Thommo solves the grunt issue. We just needed to focus on a big boy. We could have really chased Pangai when his broncos position was vulnerable.
Instead we threw the baby out with the bath water with Foran, Holland and Tolman going at once.

These guys WERE the soul of the mighty blue black and white. We just needed a few tweaks to complement their strengths.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree. Once the try was disallowed, the dummys came out and the game was over. Dogs of old, take it on the chin, regroup and kick arse.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think Hetherington & Thompson need to take this role be that one to take the tough hit up or make the big tackle to lift the team

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put Lewis back in he has souls and leads with his defence just like the dogs of war.
Napa out Lewis in, play him in the forwards for all I care just put him in the 17

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually Jack H wanted to rip in, you could tell and he was taking it personally, no one followed him, so he gave it up.. Jack Is a very good signing., he cant fucking do it alone, everyone was underwhelming... he has heart and Mongrel , and does have what it takes.... no I in team though.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Players are too well paid to care about losing these days.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Laying the boot in too early my friend. They've hardly played together. Hardly formed the bonds. New coach(es). New system.

Give it a bit. You'll see.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Actually Jack H wanted to rip in, you could tell and he was taking it personally, no one followed him, so he gave it up.. Jack Is a very good signing., he cant fucking do it alone, everyone was underwhelming... he has heart and Mongrel , and does have what it takes.... no I in team though.
What a joke, Hethrington just want to rush up and try smash people but there's way more to footy than that, he's an absolute non factor in the go forward department, 61m last week and 65m this week to go with 7 missed tackles. I'm sick of hearing about how aggressive he is and how he doesn't take a backward step, and I know it's not all on him but if you're a starting prop I expect at least 100m per game on a regular basis

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a joke, Hethrington just want to rush up and try smash people but there's way more to footy than that, he's an absolute non factor in the go forward department, 61m last week and 65m this week to go with 7 missed tackles. I'm sick of hearing about how aggressive he is and how he doesn't take a backward step, and I know it's not all on him but if you're a starting prop I expect at least 100m per game on a regular basis
I said he wanted too rip in, and yes he wanted to smash people, at least he has more Mongrel than the others , and I did say everyone was underwhelming, including him, read between the lines a little an actually understand what I meant as a whole..!!!

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Put Lewis back in he has souls and leads with his defence just like the dogs of war.
Napa out Lewis in, play him in the forwards for all I care just put him in the 17
Totally agree.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo is rattled with the burton talk bring in lewis atleast he can tackle bring in doorey napa gotta go

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I said he wanted too rip in, and yes he wanted to smash people, at least he has more Mongrel than the others , and I did say everyone was underwhelming, including him, read between the lines a little an actually understand what I meant as a whole..!!!
Napa also wants to do that too, doesn't make him any less of a plodder, at least Napa has a highlight reel of big hits, Hethrington's highlight reel is a dog shot on Taupau