No Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
now with all the mason saga over and shifty and omeley out...

we can finally go into a season without the expectations of finishing minor premiers or better still premiers...
having seasons with the likes of mason,shifty,pricey,anasta,omeley,asotasi,thurston we were always expected to finish in the top 4 of the regular season...so now with a lesser arsonal we will have less expectations of a team and i think that will really work in our favour with alot of new tallent in the team..

but having all that arsenal had a couple of downsides..

1) when we loose to teams like the camberra and so on left you feeling even more gutted..how could a team with our talent lose to a team with so little talent,,,,im sure you all know what i mean....

2)we become an nrl hated team,,all power house teams are hated by rival supporters,,1 group of people love them(supporters)15 groups of people hate them...we would never be the teams people think little of...people spend as much time hating us as they do loving there own team.especially if we loose to there team..

3)we loose so many players due to either other teams wanting them or we loose them because we have to make room under the cap to keep the high profile players...i think at least now we can AFFORD to keep our current line of players together for a few years its just weather they want to stay..

but on of the downsides of loosing all these players is that when a team has alot of marque players in there line up it is easier to recuit player from other clubs that want to join a team with that line up...

i for one am really looking farward to watching our imurging tallent comming through the ranks....
remember the time you first saw the likes of braith,sonny,utai,mason,asotasi and so on when you thought "who the hell is this"with a big smile on your face as they carved up the opposition in there debut and we knew we had some new tallent on our hands..well i believe that the complaincency of the last few years will be gone out of our team and we will have many great nights watching our beloved bulldogs unearth some extroidenary tallent and once again make the nrl take notice that the bulldogs are a force to be reconed with.....

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that concerns me is that some of these players like Inu, Folau etc might be deterred from signing with us because of the stigma that is attached to the club.

Could you see Folau, a Mormon, sign with a club like ours ?

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
The only thing that concerns me is that some of these players like Inu, Folau etc might be deterred from signing with us because of the stigma that is attached to the club.

Could you see Folau, a Mormon, sign with a club like ours ?
with the likes of hazem in our side you never know

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My expectations is for everyone to put in 110% effort, each and every week.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No because he came through the system.

I reckon we are 100/1 to get Folau here.

If he asks around for advice I can't see someone like Bellamy recommending him to come to the Dogs.

If he leaves the Storm it will be to the Broncos.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score

If he asks around for advice I can't see someone like Bellamy recommending him to come to the Dogs.

who cares either way..no disrespect,,,
but we have imurging tallent to call upon

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

With the way things are going, if he leaves the Storm he will end up at the roosters

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
With the way things are going, if he leaves the Storm he will end up at the roosters

the roosters will probebly buy him his own church...
but the bronce might lewer him with there own mormons...
imagin him and hodges

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well his brother has signed for the Chooks...and they do have a few Christians with the Paea boys..

Status
Not open for further replies.