No expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone! -nasheed ,I mean Dogs of war here. Lol.

To ease the pain this is the actually the 1st time I've logged on here this year. It's hard to read the doom and gloom posts without feeling like adding to them lol. Not logging in helps.

This is the 1st year under des im accepting we are very average and have lowered my expectations to just being happy if we scrape into the 8. Instead of being a premiership force and being disappointed each year.

Even on match day and watching the game I cheer our team on but try to reserve my disappointment.
(We have actually played pretty well in both our losses) -even if it amounts to naught.

I'm actually pretty excited by the injuries as to forcing des's hand with replacements. Montoya Marcello.

We may take awhile to get use to the new style but atleast it
seems more exciting than Tolman on the 4th and tackled on the 6th.

Have enjoyed watching the other teams play and can only hope in time our team evolves and has a more successful year than what we are lowly expecting.

Here's to a tread trying to stay positive for my sanity sake.
Up the mighty Doggies.....
WE -ARE -BLUE
WE -ARE -WHITE
WE -ARE -FKN -DYNAMITE.!!!!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah i feel somewhat the same, low expectations take the stress out of watching these days...it was only a few years back that i could not stand the thought of not being able to at least see the game live on telly let alone go live...anyway the stress levels are so low these days to make the expectation i may live longer so might be a good thing.
I think not expecting to win many games let alone the comp is a blessing in disguise for me but very sad for my beloved Bulldogs.
Oh how things have changed in such a short space of time.
But things need to change very soon or this will be years to come out of if it isn't already

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i feel somewhat the same, low expectations take the stress out of watching these days...it was only a few years back that i could not stand the thought of not being able to at least see the game live on telly let alone go live...anyway the stress levels are so low these days to make the expectation i may live longer so might be a good thing.
I think not expecting to win many games let alone the comp is a blessing in disguise for me but very sad for my beloved Bulldogs.
Oh how things have changed in such a short space of time.
But things need to change very soon or this will be years to come out of if it isn't already

Yeah I'm with you DT. I suspect most on this forum are too, (or at least the sensible ones)

Last edited:

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I'm with you DT. I suspect most on this forum are too, (or at least the sensible ones)
How are you GR?
Tough few years and more to come i think...oh well we've seen the highs, welcome to the lows...hehe

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I usually lock myself in my lounge or bedroom and watch the game in peace and quiet
These days I have my 5 and 3 yr old kids running amok around me as anything is possible with this team.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
2015 was my breaking point.. I've invested a lot less emotion since then.. and I feel better for it..

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Never in my 41 years of life have I ever tipped against the Bulldogs in any tipping comp... I always stayed loyal, thinking no matter how bad, we were a chance... and it has cost me a few points... no more expectations, it's time to tip against my team... what a sad day it is....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to watch the mid week interviews with excitement now it's like blah blah blah no thanks ,even our games I used to be so excited/pumped before a game nowadays it's meh

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to watch the mid week interviews with excitement now it's like blah blah blah no thanks ,even our games I used to be so excited/pumped before a game nowadays it's meh

I used to watch sunday roast and footy show and look forward to bulldogs related news and review on their performance , every single week now i havent watched it for ages.

Reactions: DT

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same, used to watch most of the footy panel shows except for Thursday night footy show. Now whenever the dogs come up there is never anything positive to say about our club.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still have game day confidence before every game that the dogs will win, I get psyched and nervous before every game, I always tip the dogs every week in my work tipping comp, I read and watch every bulldogs related media article, I log onto the Kennel every day. Am i happy with how we are playing - no, but in order to truly appreciate the good times you have to go through the low times. Dogs to win in Wellington!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I used to watch sunday roast and footy show and look forward to bulldogs related news and review on their performance , every single week now i havent watched it for ages.
Coz there's only losses, boring sideways slow footy and commentators and experts slamming us every game. Most of us can see that for ourselves we don't need numb nuts telling us

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Understand what everyone is saying. I used to count down the weeks during summer until the season. The other day I was driving and I usually listen to the other games on the radio, completely forgot the season had started and was listening to music. I just hope we get to feel that excitement about the team soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.