Night Mode

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is there an option at all on here to switch from this super bright white and blue theme to a dark theme like on the app?

I know we used to be able to change themes. Even something where the blue stays but we can have a dark grey background?

Is that a thing?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Let me know if you can flick between Default and Kennel Styles using Style Chooser (accessed via bottom left and clicking "thekennel.net.au).

If so I can create an identical style just with the colour pallette inverted (if that helps). There isn't a specific night mode like VB.

upload_2019-5-7_17-57-35.png

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can switch styles but yeah still shockingly bright white background for the layout. Is a dark background something we can actually implement or is that not a thing?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah looks like I can... I've just created a child theme based on TheKennel theme called KennelDarkTheme.

Have a look, though there is probably a bit of tinkering required.

These are the colours I can individually change:

As you can see, I can revert them back, or change each colour to literally any colour at all. Only thing is I'm not 100% what each item specifically changes. Can probably figure it out though.

upload_2019-5-7_23-37-14.png

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe worth bringing it up with the powers that be? At least as an option, not a fulltime thing

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like there are some add-ons that allow it (but they basically do the above). Can you see Kennel Dark Theme?

I'll admit it does look a tad shite, but with some tinkering to the colours might be workable.

I don't use the app so not sure how the above theme compares to it.

If you chuck up some screenshots I can probably try to replicate it on the Dark Theme though.

If it requires add-ons that's a Nash job.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Looks like there are some add-ons that allow it (but they basically do the above). Can you see Kennel Dark Theme?

I'll admit it does look a tad shite, but with some tinkering to the colours might be workable.

I don't use the app so not sure how the above theme compares to it.

If you chuck up some screenshots I can probably try to replicate it on the Dark Theme though.

If it requires add-ons that's a Nash job.
On the app for me. Screenshot_20190508-124328.jpeg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cheers .. and apart from the colour scheme will the Dark Theme work as you are after?

I should note, if you can flick between Dark Theme and normal, it's only a mod/admin allowed thing at the moment.

Normal users shouldn't have that option.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cheers .. and apart from the colour scheme will the Dark Theme work as you are after?

I should note, if you can flick between Dark Theme and normal, it's only a mod/admin allowed thing at the moment.

Normal users shouldn't have that option.
Just switched over.. The black background is a nice start but it looks heaps odd you are right, but it is still better than blinding white for me lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So with that theme I can change any of the colours as per that screenshot above. Just a matter of working out which label pertains to what.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hey Mr I..

I've realised that the dark mode you created is basically just the Default Style with colours inverted.

Is it possible to have just a dark grey template, with the same blue headers etc that we use on the Kennel Style theme?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have a look now and let me know what you think.

I've done a bit of fine tuning.

Still can't figure out the area to change stickied and subforum background though.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pretty much exactly what I had in mind, cheers guru