Nick Meaney

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was hoping he would come good and he showed a few good signs last year but he’s regressed a lot this year. He looks a few kilo’s too light and doesn’t have that blinding acceleration to compensate for it like other smaller players have. He’s rock solid defusing kicks but everything else is pretty average.
He was rock solid defusing kicks of all forms on Monday... NOT!
Needs to take up touch footy or Oztag as soon as possible
League is a big boy sport
He doesn’t belong in this arena what so ever

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your all off your heads he’ll make origin this year

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done Meaney, some nice comments in this thread lol.
View attachment 106011
He works in the storm system with Munster, Hughes and paps being the main target and concentration of opposition defences, thereby making his job easier

Would not swap meaney for anyone in our backline, even our reserves in skelton and Clark have more upside than meaney imo

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bro, don’t even bother. People here will defend Meaney at all costs. I have never rated the kid and don’t see how he makes our first grade squad.
He works in the storm system with Munster, Hughes and paps being the main target and concentration of opposition defences, thereby making his job easier

Would not swap meaney for anyone in our backline, even our reserves in skelton and Clark have more upside than meaney imo
That's a fair call, but does defect from overwhelming majority that said he's not FG standard.
Meaney is reliable as and having him on wing outside Crichton would be great value for money, I rate Wilson for similar reasons to why I rated Meaney. Hopefully our club doesn't make the same mistake again.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Had some big games at fb last year without paps, He was super consistent.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a fair call, but does defect from overwhelming majority that said he's not FG standard.
Meaney is reliable as and having him on wing outside Crichton would be great value for money, I rate Wilson for similar reasons to why I rated Meaney. Hopefully our club doesn't make the same mistake again.
He was never the main problem with our squad back then but he was just run of the mill imo. Nothing special, nothing disastrous, just average.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Had some big games at fb last year without paps, He was super consistent.
Hughes and Munster put him in empty space to run, his strength, but even his so called pace isn't really than impressive, he's got top speed but no explosive power of the mark.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was shit with us... he got better, it happens lol
Agree Nick has benefited from the platform Bellamy created at Melbourne but so have many others. Creating a scenario where average players become good players is as important as one where good players become great players.