Nick Meaney and support play

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i feel like he is putting a far greater emphasis on defence atm , probably as a result of instructions..

We saw his attacking ability at the knights , its there, we are just not seeing it atm..

There was one time on teh weekend that he did actually run a great line unfortunately Foran looked the wrong way.. otherwise it would have been try time..

His Kick position is already miles ahead of hopoate and he is often making tackles in teh defensive line on our try line..
Not sure about the last part

He’s been caught out a few times by being involved in 5th tackle then the opposition put in a grubber, no one home try time

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the last part

He’s been caught out a few times by being involved in 5th tackle then the opposition put in a grubber, no one home try time
better than being caught out of position because your slow.. Hoppa often was either to slow to get to a kick or didnt anticipate it was going to be kicked.. if meaney got in the frontline to make a tackles, then it was probably required.. at that point its the team mates that need cover for a fullback .. like tolman does ,, its called game awareness

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont know about Hoppa man, he is a good player and all that and seems to have developed a footy instinct but i dont think he is good for us either.

Theres just something about his attack, its blunt. He creates a few chances but does nothing himself and has absolutely no pace.

I feel next season he should be a bench utility. Nasheed.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the our recruitment is going to be pro active they should be targeting papenhowzen or what ever his name is from storm ..

The storm can’t keep everyone and there are 2 quality fullbacks they have in their books jostling for that 1 position ..

If we wanted a safe fullback , hoppa fills that slot but hoppa is also creative and gets us moving forward ..

Watching Meaney is frustrating , run and surround in tackle , never looks like beating his man , bad positional play in the backline and has limited ball playing and vision , no where to be seen sniffing around the ruck in attack against tired defenders

Pass on Meaney
Agree

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i keep saying it but my posts kep getting deleted on it but Meaney isnt what we need at the back right now, hes an up and comer and we need someone whos o his game. Its what the team demands because we are largely inexperienced. For Meaney, likewise he would develop better woth a team on their game.
Swap him for Latrell at the roosters. Roosters need salary cap relief and Meaney is high reward and low risk for them, and we can throw 800k at Latrell and have him at the back.
If thats too costly, there is one man internally we can use that was a sensation in NSW cup and isnt in the starting side. See my profile pic.
Hahahaha your the best seriously.