Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah kinda strange ay.

FFS I'm gonna find Koups and settle this myself. I feel conned :(
Ask him what he likes on his yeeros while your there

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From memory Wallace won the panthers a game and 2 games later he was dropped then after a few more in reggies he signed with the broncos. regardless what happened and how good Wallace was playing coaches do have added incentives.
Remember what Brian Smith done to Kurt Reynoldson? Maybe K.M. wants koupa gone so it can free up money to sign-up or re-sign another player, who knows...

Dont use Elliot as an example. He is probably the worst coach in the NRL

Players can leave for a number of reasons, their form can change with a change of club.

Look at JT, he left us and is now a test halfback. That doesnt mean Folkes didnt like him

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
If he is looking for other opportunities, and manages to sign with the Roosters this year, all the best for him.

If a deal cannot be struck as it is atm, he'll just have to bog down in the reserves..

berryman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont use Elliot as an example. He is probably the worst coach in the NRL
Players can leave for a number of reasons, their form can change with a change of club.
Look at JT, he left us and is now a test halfback. That doesnt mean Folkes didnt like him
true about elliott, but what about brian smith, he cleaned out the eels twice and the knights once... now you have to admit with moore first sacking maitua, and now with this koups fiasco that there is a some sort of clean out happening here. koups with the exception of ryan is pretty much the last of the pack (inc reserves) we had in 07...
moore has said he wants a new "culture" at the club, that could mean getting rid of everyone that was there previously!

viking63

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Reaction score
Im disappointed Nick is leaving I would prefer to keep him over Gary Warburton, Danny Williams or Lee Te mari. It would be a good time to give him a start especially with the good pack of fowards we have at the moment.

viking63

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Reaction score
Sorry to say Guys Gary Warburton is just making up the numbers. We have better players in the lower grades than him. Give the number 11 to Nick Kouparitsas he his a good ball player now that his fit he deserves a chance. Having said that if he goes to the Roosters best of luck to him it will be our loss.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
It's amazing the assumptions people make when you don't know the truth.

It's even more amazing how quickly people can turn on a player.

Truth is guys the bulldogs initiated the process by telling Koups it is doubtful that he'll be required in first grade anymore and he can look elsewhere!

Do you really think that he doesn't want to play FG at the Dogs ????

If you think he is not good enough ... different story ... but don't bag him for trying to earn a living! This is no Mason or SBW story! He is not ditching the club!

Put yourself in his shoes!! When all you know is footy and that's what you rely on to make your mortgage repayments then you need to take your opportunites as they come cause you can't play reserves for 2 years and expect to get a contract thereafter!
But going to the Roosters! Cmon. If you asked me his is a mercinary. If he opted to go back to Canberra or St George I would give him my blessing. But to sell your soul and follow has beens and headline acts only shows his true mental state. Pretty stale if you asked me.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
But going to the Roosters! Cmon. If you asked me his is a mercinary. If he opted to go back to Canberra or St George I would give him my blessing. But to sell your soul and follow has beens and headline acts only shows his true mental state. Pretty stale if you asked me.
agreed...why he chose the roosters is beyond me tbh

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Sorry to say Guys Gary Warburton is just making up the numbers. We have better players in the lower grades than him. Give the number 11 to Nick Kouparitsas he his a good ball player now that his fit he deserves a chance. Having said that if he goes to the Roosters best of luck to him it will be our loss.
Time will tell. In the meantime, Danny Williams is our next hope. I can assure you he will pay dividends when he plays in the back row.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
true about elliott, but what about brian smith, he cleaned out the eels twice and the knights once... now you have to admit with moore first sacking maitua, and now with this koups fiasco that there is a some sort of clean out happening here. koups with the exception of ryan is pretty much the last of the pack (inc reserves) we had in 07...
moore has said he wants a new "culture" at the club, that could mean getting rid of everyone that was there previously!

or it could mean getting rid of players that he doesnt think will get back to their previous form, even considering the chances they've received.

But what if Koups starts playing like Bradley Clyde , why would Moore ignore that? He's be crazy to

Coaches do get rid of players, there is no doubt. But if they're in career best form, they'll be nuts to ignore them

onceadog

Waterboy
Reaction score
this quote is referred to rexest ,sharmoot by the greatest; Dont argue with idiots,they drag you down to their level, and beat you by experience .MOHAMED ALI

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
Koupsaritsas has the potential to be a very good player.

I have said in the past that I would like to see him play 5/8 - I believe he would hold his own & be a very good make for that position.

If he is to go - good luck to him. If he is to stay, I hope that he can push for FG, as he can be a great weapon that we could really use. He is obviously still in deamnd, even if it is Easts that want to buy his services - it looks like he will be a walk-uop start into FG over there.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Koupsaritsas has the potential to be a very good player.

I have said in the past that I would like to see him play 5/8 - I believe he would hold his own & be a very good make for that position.

If he is to go - good luck to him. If he is to stay, I hope that he can push for FG, as he can be a great weapon that we could really use. He is obviously still in deamnd, even if it is Easts that want to buy his services - it looks like he will be a walk-uop start into FG over there.
I agree.... don't know koups was not in the side to begin with.. When he goes to the roosters he will be their best buy from us. I think he's about to fulfill his potential. he just needs an opportunity.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont want to see him go. he has potential. Its clear. He can be something. Bulldogs are letting him slip! FFS GIVE HIM A GO! if we had he wouldnt be off to QUEER CAMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.