next to be dropped?

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Safe yes,he was beaten badly in defence,not just yesterday,but all year,doesn’t have the confidence to beat his opposite,or to draw his man and set up the plays,speed if he is so fast y does he constantly comes back inside instead of backing himself.
Like I said before are we watching the same games?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said before are we watching the same games?
I have great seats,at every home game,and I’ve seen all the games,the dogs have played
I don’t dislike him,as a matter of fact fox just replayed the game against Canberra,he was dreadful in defence,went straight through him on 2 occasions for tries,so I just wonder whether u r watching the games.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have great seats,at every home game,and I’ve seen all the games,the dogs have played
I don’t dislike him,as a matter of fact fox just replayed the game against Canberra,he was dreadful in defence,went straight through him on 2 occasions for tries,so I just wonder whether u r watching the games.
Well maybe your great seats at all the home games are on the wrong side of the field or maybe you need to go to spec savers, cause there's a hell of a lot of people on the kennel that seem to agree with me about Meaney, he is a good player in a shit team, your talking a team that gives a lot of penalties & six tackles restarts in our own red zone, & we run out of juice & are cooked and our outside men who a covering the middle and the sides get out numbered and caught out , Why don't you mention What happens in Hoppoate & Cotric side of the field & while we are at it who was Meaney"s winger - Katoa that's the other reason he was caught out on that side, what about the trys that Meaney has scored you never mention those do you (No that wouldn't suit your case) would it ? in fact I could be wrong but I think he is our leading Try Scorer.

berryboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Every Tuesday and Thursday all us egg heads (possible some dick heads also) (over 30's to almost 70's) get together and play touch footy during our lunch break in the park up the street. If only 10 people rock up, we play half field, if more people show we play full field. We play our arses off and making a mistake even at this level, carries all the way till the next game where you feel the need to redeem yourself and do something special. AHH the feeling of putting someone through a gap with a perfect pass. The satisfaction of a good workout, rain, hail or shine,, and the long walk back to the office talking about shit. These NRL players have so much pressure on them, hopefully it doesn't take away their love of playing a beautiful game.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all about having an opinion and like it or not that’s mine,I disagree with you and u with me,and as far as Hopoate goes to have mentioned that in some of my previous quotes on this forum,with that we have no argument,whatever happens with Meaney after this year,we wil wait and see.

Dogs4Eva&Always

Waterboy
Reaction score
Elliot has to be dropped this week, moving foward he can’t keep getting away with his form atm

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Based on barrets past choices I'm guessing renouf atoni will be next to be dropped
Rumour is he was in fact dropped on Sat! :(

If so, Barrett needs to seriously re-evaluate his coaching.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ffs put hoppa to 5/8 better option than the rest played there in the junion days has the hands to execute plays

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doorey over Elliot all the way
One run in just under 30 minutes for Doorey on Saturday....I suppose a total lack of involvement is a good way to limit your errors.

Malla

Reaction score
One run in just under 30 minutes for Doorey on Saturday....I suppose a total lack of involvement is a good way to limit your errors.
That's just saying how shit Elliot is
Getting rid of him is addition by subtraction lol

He's useless

Lets see if Baz has the balls to drop him

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's just saying how shit Elliot is
Getting rid of him is addition by subtraction lol

He's useless

Lets see if Baz has the balls to drop him
He shouldn't be dropping Elliott for someone who had a chance to make a statement and barely contributed....he should move him back to lock where he has produced his best footy to see what he can do there. If he doesn't produce at lock, then question his place....but only if there's a decent replacement that can step up.

Malla

Reaction score
He shouldn't be dropping Elliott for someone who had a chance to make a statement and barely contributed....he should move him back to lock where he has produced his best footy to see what he can do there. If he doesn't produce at lock, then question his place....but only if there's a decent replacement that can step up.
He should be dropping Elliot because he has not been first grade standard at all this year.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He should be dropping Elliot because he has not been first grade standard at all this year.
Not true....he was one of our better players over the early rounds of the comp.....like many in the team, his form and confidence has gone downhill sharply....moving him back to his best position may help him rediscover form and confidence.....do you think one hit up in 30 mins is up to first grade standard?

Malla

Reaction score
Not true....he was one of our better players over the early rounds of the comp.....like many in the team, his form and confidence has gone downhill sharply....moving him back to his best position may help him rediscover form and confidence.....do you think one hit up in 30 mins is up to first grade standard?
Sorry I disagree. He misses the most tackles in the team and top 3 in the league, he does not do enough work with the ball - averages 94 run meters. This on top of the stupid silly mistakes he makes - he cost us the game on the weekend. We prob woulda won the game if we played with 12 men without Elliot

He needs a good spell in reggies followed by a new contract with a new team

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry I disagree. He misses the most tackles in the team and top 3 in the league, he does not do enough work with the ball - averages 94 run meters. This on top of the stupid silly mistakes he makes - he cost us the game on the weekend. We prob woulda won the game if we played with 12 men without Elliot

He needs a good spell in reggies followed by a new contract with a new team
Yeah, I can't agree, mate....94m a game isn't bad for a backrower by any stretch....much better than the single figure metres Doorey made on the weekend. He has always been a more solid defender through the middle ....and we probably wouldn't have won if elliott sat out on saturday, poor decision making from our halves was more costly than anything Elliott did. Bad form can be overcome....especially if you playt a player where they are most comfortable......I don't see any way Barrett could rationalise dropping Elliott for Doorey given the lack of effort Doorey showed on the weekend. Getting rid of Elliott won't improve the team in any appreciable way....we need a complete overhaul of our systems and coaching structures, from top to bottom.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't agree, mate....94m a game isn't bad for a backrower by any stretch....much better than the single figure metres Doorey made on the weekend. He has always been a more solid defender through the middle ....and we probably wouldn't have won if elliott sat out on saturday, poor decision making from our halves was more costly than anything Elliott did. Bad form can be overcome....especially if you playt a player where they are most comfortable......I don't see any way Barrett could rationalise dropping Elliott for Doorey given the lack of effort Doorey showed on the weekend. Getting rid of Elliott won't improve the team in any appreciable way....we need a complete overhaul of our systems and coaching structures, from top to bottom.
Elliot a more solid defender....37 missed tackles so far, 3rd most in the league

I'm out cya

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliot a more solid defender....37 missed tackles so far, 3rd most in the league

I'm out cya
A more solid defender through the middle, not more solid than Doorey .....please read comments properly before dismissing them. There is just no justification for rewarding Doorey after such an uninspiring performance.