Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Nathan Brown

Votes: 11 8.4%

• Total voters

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely Gus and the board had someone lined up before Barrett was flicked

Gus and the board have to have someone lined up in order to recruit players for next season....No player is going to sign on if they do not know who the coach will be...

The 500k-1.3m question is who is it going to be?

I hope to God it aint Michael Maguire while i pray to God it's Bellamy(Fat chance)

I reckon its either Flanagan or Sticky and I think Ennis will be involved as one of the assistant's regardless if its Flano or Sticky
Sticky fits the narrative as an ex bulldog also started his coaching career at the dogs

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My bet would be to Hire Billy Slater with a very experienced ex first grade coach as a assistant, Billy Slater is tactically very clinical and his 1 for the future, if we don't get him believe me he'll be nxt Melbourne coach

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listening to Slater on Fox Sports, if he wins this series I wouldn't mind him as an assistant at the very least Prefer him to Fitter. You know he is a professional.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Buzz “pisshead” Rothfield just said Freddy Fitler will be next coach of dogs on NRL360.

They are waiting to get Origin out of the way before announcing and that’s why Gus has been quiet on things recently.
Did they mention he re-signed for another 2 years for NSW?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You thinking Madge, Flanno.
My honest opinion....

I think something way out of left field Is going to surprise us, might be good, might be bad.

If Flanno is done like the word I got from one of our sponsors told me, he should be announced by now to calm the media bullshit from the regular know-nothing scum bag journos

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus did say that he told Barrett that he was not a Bulldog but a Dragon, he also said Fitler is a Rooster and not a Bulldog

I think this is one of the reasons he put Potter in as Interim over Furner and the other two clowns

What I have seen from Flanagan, he has the demeanour and attitude of a Bulldog and his son is currently a Bulldog

Sticky was a player and coach and if you could turn back time, I'd love to have him and Clyde playing #7 and #13 respectively

I think its a two horse race between Sticky and Flanagan and I reckon Gus has given the job to Sticky

Point being the both of them working at the Roosters and NSW and knowing each other inside out, and point 2 being that Sticky was a player and coach at the Dogs

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they mention he re-signed for another 2 years for NSW?
Smoke & mirrors, Fittler is well & truly a contender; Gus is spending a lot of his time brainstorming to devise the best solution to our problem… he knows it’s got to be 100%. His position will hinge on the success of our new coach …….so does the future of our current Board.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Smoke & mirrors, Fittler is well & truly a contender; Gus is spending a lot of his time brainstorming to devise the best solution to our problem… he knows it’s got to be 100%. His position will hinge on the success of our new coach …….so does the future of our current Board.
Great, another fraud pretending to be a coach....3rd one in a row.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Hagan. Won 2 premierships as a Bulldogs player. Played Origin. Coached Newcastle to a premiership. Origin and Australian team coaching experience.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sticky, experienced first grade coach , if it is please bring Tapine and Savage.
I will be very surprised that Sticky would leave Canberra.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Buzz “pisshead” Rothfield just said Freddy Fitler will be next coach of dogs on NRL360.

They are waiting to get Origin out of the way before announcing and that’s why Gus has been quiet on things recently.
Probably why Fittler picked such a rubbish NSW team, he'll lose the series and get sacked.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can't get Bellamy then I think Flanno is our next best option. He reminds me of Bellamy as being a hard ass no bullshit type of coach that would make his players held accountable. The sooner he starts the better to give us fans and players hope! It would be great if he can bring back the mongrel and the fear of teams lining up against 'the dogs of war'.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sticky, experienced first grade coach , if it is please bring Tapine and Savage.
I will be very surprised that Sticky would leave Canberra.
I think its time for Sticky to move on...

He has had 9-10 years at the Raiders?

For a couple of years he had a premiership window there, getting close to nabbing one, but he didn't

Raiders are at a stage where premiership window has closed and are in need of a rebuild with new players and a new voice

Nature has run its due course and Sticky needs to move on....He won't be sacked, he will leave on his own accord

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Hagan. Won 2 premierships as a Bulldogs player. Played Origin. Coached Newcastle to a premiership. Origin and Australian team coaching experience.
Out of the head coaching role for more than a decade- would make an ideal Football Manager/Director of Coaching

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There you go Hagan is a great assistant to have at Canterbury