• Adam O'Brien

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Nathan Brown

Votes: 11 8.4%

• Total voters

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Currently there are a few that haven't been mentioned much that the Dogs could be looking at:
Anthony Seibold (I think hes tied up in UK coaching).
Neil Henry
Paul Green
Geoff Toovey
If a group of ducks is called a "daggle," what to you call a group of woodducks like in the list above??

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a really ugly feeling it’s gonna be Brad Fittler depending on how he goes in the Origin Series tbh he is the dark horse

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Toovey don’t shoot me I’d place him behind flanno

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Be very careful rating coaches based on their win/loss results at St Helens;

Justin Holbrook St Helens - 80% and Titans - 30%
Mick Potter St Helens - 72% and Tigers - 35%
Nathan Brown St Helens - 63% and Knoughts - 26% or Warriors - 35%
Daniel Anderson St Helens - 74% and Parramatta - 48%
Royce Simmons St Helens - 59% and Penrith 41%

Yes, Woolf did a good job with Fiji, but so did Mick Potter.

Always a Bulldog
Point taken mate,i just dont know why so many people think flanno is the best choice. Won a comp sure,but also guilty of salary cap rorting and systematic doping of his players. Everone deserves another chance i guess but is he the type of person/character that we should be looking for?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Point taken mate,i just dont know why so many people think flanno is the best choice. Won a comp sure,but also guilty of salary cap rorting and systematic doping of his players. Everone deserves another chance i guess but is he the type of person/character that we should be looking for?
I think its only because there are very few options - not that he is a perfect fit or a must have - better of who is available

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will there be another coached sacked this year or will it only be Barrett for 2022?

Some folks are convinced that Flanagan has already signed for the Dogs for 2023, while some reckon he is not

Will there be a "possible" sacked coach this season, who will coach the Dogs in 2023 (i.e Maguire or Holbrook)

Will there be a coaching merry-go-round with the bottom teams or will it only be with the Dogs?

Personally, I do not think Gus would of shoved Barrett without already having someone signed up via a handshake agreement...All this media talk around Flanagan, i dont know if its been orchestrated by Gus so it doesnt look like he flicked Barrett, or if genuinely Gus hasn't contacted him

Green is definitely not a Gus type of appointment

Is there someone way left field where we have all forgotten about?
Absolutely Gus and the board had someone lined up before Barrett was flicked

Gus and the board have to have someone lined up in order to recruit players for next season....No player is going to sign on if they do not know who the coach will be...

The 500k-1.3m question is who is it going to be?

I hope to God it aint Michael Maguire while i pray to God it's Bellamy(Fat chance)

I reckon its either Flanagan or Sticky and I think Ennis will be involved as one of the assistant's regardless if its Flano or Sticky

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Buzz “pisshead” Rothfield just said Freddy Fitler will be next coach of dogs on NRL360.

They are waiting to get Origin out of the way before announcing and that’s why Gus has been quiet on things recently.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know whats scary - since the name "Mundine" was mentioned, Gus has gone all quiet

Even on the podcast, when Mundine was brought up to him he very quickly changed the subject

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Buzz “pisshead” Rothfield just said Freddy Fitler will be next coach of dogs on NRL360.

They are waiting to get Origin out of the way before announcing and that’s why Gus has been quiet on things recently.
I just threw up

Mitsi

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need a hard nosed bad motherfucker in the mold of a Steven Segal x Chuck Norris

Not Bradley fucken Scott Fitler