• Adam O'Brien

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Nathan Brown

Votes: 11 8.4%

• Total voters

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will there be another coached sacked this year or will it only be Barrett for 2022?

Some folks are convinced that Flanagan has already signed for the Dogs for 2023, while some reckon he is not

Will there be a "possible" sacked coach this season, who will coach the Dogs in 2023 (i.e Maguire or Holbrook)

Will there be a coaching merry-go-round with the bottom teams or will it only be with the Dogs?

Personally, I do not think Gus would of shoved Barrett without already having someone signed up via a handshake agreement...All this media talk around Flanagan, i dont know if its been orchestrated by Gus so it doesnt look like he flicked Barrett, or if genuinely Gus hasn't contacted him

Green is definitely not a Gus type of appointment

Is there someone way left field where we have all forgotten about?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently there are a few that haven't been mentioned much that the Dogs could be looking at:
Anthony Seibold (I think hes tied up in UK coaching).
Neil Henry
Paul Green
Geoff Toovey

I reckon next coach in trouble could be Holbrook given that Madge seems to be hanging in there despite rumours for ages of him being sacked. Ricky is safe as long as he wants to coach Canberra.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Woolf is a smokey for the job,pretty much mirrors what Trent Robinson did overseas,and he's become an elite NRL coach.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Flanno is the only man to turn this clubs fortunes Around .!!!

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I forgot to add obrien and brown

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Flanno is the only man to turn this clubs fortunes Around .!!!
I’m getting impatient with the lack of announcement on the coaching role. It’s probably smoke and mirrors and the individual already knows they are hired as Barrett’s departure was somewhat inevitable.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will there be another coached sacked this year or will it only be Barrett for 2022?

Some folks are convinced that Flanagan has already signed for the Dogs for 2023, while some reckon he is not

Will there be a "possible" sacked coach this season, who will coach the Dogs in 2023 (i.e Maguire or Holbrook)

Will there be a coaching merry-go-round with the bottom teams or will it only be with the Dogs?

Personally, I do not think Gus would of shoved Barrett without already having someone signed up via a handshake agreement...All this media talk around Flanagan, i dont know if its been orchestrated by Gus so it doesnt look like he flicked Barrett, or if genuinely Gus hasn't contacted him

Green is definitely not a Gus type of appointment

Is there someone way left field where we have all forgotten about?
I think Flanagan was a done deal well before Barrett was pushed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maguire and they'll sign Flanagan

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I choose none in the poll. The 2 most experienced and suitable coaches flanno and green aren't there strangely

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There isn't someone lined up as next coach because Gus didn't sack Barrett, Trent walked.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SOS Mark omeley and brent shirwin where are they these days the club should call them in and let them show them how its done .

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If potter improves this team especially if we avoid the wooden spoon Gus should give him the job as already I can see a slight improvement in attack

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If potter improves this team especially if we avoid the wooden spoon Gus should give him the job as already I can see a slight improvement in attack
If our attack is improving, id like to see Potter coach them till the last 3 games of the season, where he can hand the reigns to new coach

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Woolf is a smokey for the job,pretty much mirrors what Trent Robinson did overseas,and he's become an elite NRL coach.
Be very careful rating coaches based on their win/loss results at St Helens;

Justin Holbrook St Helens - 80% and Titans - 30%
Mick Potter St Helens - 72% and Tigers - 35%
Nathan Brown St Helens - 63% and Knoughts - 26% or Warriors - 35%
Daniel Anderson St Helens - 74% and Parramatta - 48%
Royce Simmons St Helens - 59% and Penrith 41%

Yes, Woolf did a good job with Fiji, but so did Mick Potter.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited: