Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We keep consistent this season, have strong performances should be the goal for this year

That way CC becomes a coach with a reputation, we look like a solid club and then all of a sudden we become an attractive club for any special players who come onto the market eg AFB

What we are currently known as is a basket case(although this is changing) and would deter the better players from coming to us
Yeah I think a few player managers probably wanted significant overs for their players to come to us and whilst it was dissapointing at the time we didn’t land an alpha prop it’s a credit to Gus and Ciro for sticking to their guns.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How good is it to get a nice convincing win in that situation.. two wins after all that hard work would be pretty shit... more than three would be nice but knowing we could easily be on four-five is satisfying.. even when we got wins in previous seasons they were very rarely convincing wins, like nobody was expecting the boys to go on a run or anything.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was just thinking about our chances. By my reckoning I think we could jump into 9th spot after our bye without even playing a game. If things really go our way we could actually be in the 8.

We have a 4 point turnaround after the bye. Currently on 6 points and in 12th and will be on 8 points with a P/D of 17. No side below us can overtake because our P/D is better. All sides below have - 29 or more P/D and they would have to win by 40 or 50 to jump us.

The Dragons in 9th on 8 pts -18 P/D, Warriors 10th on 7 pts +20 p/d and Roosters 11th on 6pts and +31 are ahead of us. Warriors play Titans so should win and be on 9 pts. But Roosters play Dragons so we could technically jump both into 10th if Dragons beat Roosters by no more than 35 points at home. But either way we will jump into 11th.

Cowboys in 8th on 8 pts with -8 p/d and they play Panthers. If the Cowboys lose we can go go to 9th if other results go our way without having played a game. Cowboys would be out of the 8 and the Warriors in.

But then the Raiders in 7th on 8 pts with a +24 p/d play the Sharks and have just lost Fogarty. If the sharks win by 8 points or more we could technically get into the 8 without having played a game by round 9 lol.

Now I may have got things wrong as I was getting excited and its all pinned on a lot of things going our way but when you think about it all that needs to happen is the Dragons at home to beat the Roosters, the Panthers with probably Cleary back to beat the Cowboys and the Sharks to beat the Raiders minus Fogarty.

But at the minimum we will jump into 11th but could be as high as 8th. Thats just unbelievable but if it happens we deserve it and it will inspire us to go on with it. Especially in that we will also be getting back players like Preston, Mann and even Fifita.

Last edited:

lamb6

Waterboy
Reaction score
Vs Tigers @ Accor
Vs Penrith @Bluebet
Vs Raiders @ Suncorp

I reckon we could lose all of those, or win them all (maybe except Penrith)!

Love the way the team have started to play though. Imagine if we have got that win over Souths or Storm...

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sezer vs Kikau should be a game changer. Sezer been crap all year in defense. Stefano, Pole, Fainu scare me though

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers - our effort has to be up there, tigers rely on the same thing. We match the effort our backline should get us over the line

Penrith - hope to fuck cleary is still out, if he has we have a real chance and fuck that will look good for Ciros 2nd year

Raiders - fogarty gone, we should get this one

Dragons - same as tigers, match the effort and our backline gets this

Newcastle - they'll want revenge but no ponga, just don't see what newcastle have in attack without him
If Tits weren't so woeful, I'd tip Newcastle for the spoon. As much as I enjoyed a win, one could see how useless they were without Ponga.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our ladder position doesn't reflect how well we've played this season. Hopefully with the draw easing up, we can beat the teams we're expected to beat and go on a run so that we're in the 8, or even closer to the top 4 where we deserve to be based on form this season.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lock up api and they really don’t have a team api sets up a lot for the tigers we have too much speed for them right left and the middles have never been a issue we still take down big boys

like our motto has been we have never been about size it’s about being tough and strong and putting everything in domination of the opponent

and we will beat the tigers our edges and we got Preston Mann back it’s going to be a good game

Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs will beat the tigers

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
3 out of 4 games we will
Win beating Penrith is not out of the equation who wants it more

boys lets remember we have Penrith boys in our team who know there plays quite well so let’s all go in against Penrith

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lock up api and they really don’t have a team api sets up a lot for the tigers we have too much speed for them right left and the middles have never been a issue we still take down big boys

like our motto has been we have never been about size it’s about being tough and strong and putting everything in domination of the opponent

and we will beat the tigers our edges and we got Preston Mann back it’s going to be a good game

Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs will beat the tigers
Just keep on running at Api and target him through the middle... He's a missed tackle machine and he's playing injured at the moment.. He looks slow and lethargic the last month or so.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As long as the team stays grounded and doesn't get too cocky, we could win all 5 games including Penrith.
Im sure our completion rates still need a big improvement too..

It sure is a nice feeling getting excited to watch team play, it has even made me watch other teams play again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As long as the team stays grounded and doesn't get too cocky, we could win all 5 games including Penrith.
Im sure our completion rates still need a big improvement too..

It sure is a nice feeling getting excited to watch team play, it has even made me watch other teams play again.
Exactly right Moey. It has had that flow on effect.

Never bothered watching other teams bc it was boring....(painful enough to watch us outa loyalty) let alone other teams.
But now we have to watch our upcoming opposition to see how they're travelling or see how the team we just played handle playing a game after playing us to judge our defence etc.

The silly NRLol don't realise how important a successful CB Bulldogs team is to the comp, sponsors, merch and tv audience....biggest club in Sydney and fanbase who crave success and good footy.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
The silly NRLol don't realise how important a successful CB Bulldogs team is to the comp, sponsors, merch and tv audience....biggest club in Sydney and fanbase who crave success and good footy.
100% we are the giants of the NRL!

We always average 1 in Sydney when successful and decent considering how pathetic we've been for years!

What we bring that no other team can match is the away support! When they Dogs are barking our support is Australia wide and we travel around also, we bring more supporters to away games than any other club!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the computerized Panthers to know exactly how far off the pace to glory we are.
Should win four out of five of those games.