Newtown, CT elementary school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Multi-billion dollar enterprises do this regularly; USA, Russia, China, India, Pakistan etc. why is this different? I don't like that it happens, but does the fact that he owns nukes give me or anyone the right to lock up Obama? NO! He hasn't comitted a crime so punishing a person for a crime they have'nt commited is ridiculous.

Murder is a crime, conspiracy to commit murder is a crime. There is absolutely no need to add further laws.
ok so lets get into some interesting hypothetical situations here

if a rich arab oil tycoon builds an organisation in aus or the us, building a compound and airbase, then they buy 10 military jets from china and fly them over, then they import tanks and recruit 50,000 men for peaceful military training and exercise, then what part of that do have a problem with

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
ok so lets get into some interesting hypothetical situations here

if a rich arab oil tycoon builds an organisation in aus or the us, building a compound and airbase, then they buy 10 military jets from china and fly them over, then they import tanks and recruit 50,000 men for peaceful military training and exercise, then what part of that do have a problem with
I have no problem with any of that. If the tycoon were to use his troops in an agressive or threatening manner, then I would have a problem.

I would ofcourse be suspicious but in your situation the hypothetical tycoon has done no wrong.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not even gonna argue the with you, your missing the point, it's not that it takes a 'terrorist' evil person to fire it, what people are saying is, when some as5hole sets out with killing people on their mind, a gun is the first choice of weapon as it causes much more carnage, apart from suicide bombers.
I absolutely was not missing the point, however I did not feel your message of: "Guns> Knives" was not worth responding to and the way you wrote that sentence place the blame of these atrocities on an object rather than the disgracful excuse for a human being that was adam lanza.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I have no problem with any of that. If the tycoon were to use his troops in an agressive or threatening manner, then I would have a problem.

I would ofcourse be suspicious but in your situation the hypothetical tycoon has done no wrong.
ok we have a disagreement in the handling of the hypothetical

the 99.9997% of us and you plus maybe 27 people must agree to disagree

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
ok we have a disagreement in the handling of the hypothetical

the 99.9997% of us and you plus maybe 27 people must agree to disagree
If you see the use of violence against peaceful people who happen to own a weapon as appropriate then yes, we disagree.

I think you need to read your bible son, espically the part about "Doing unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If you see the use of violence against peaceful people who happen to own a weapon as appropriate then yes, we disagree.

I think you need to read your bible son, espically the part about "Doing unto others, as you would have them do unto you."
who the **** said violence against gun owning people

1) change gun laws, create an amnesty and buyback scheme

2) after the amnesty expires then anyone owning a gun is a criminal and would be brought up on charges, and since you are such an anti-criminal you should then support those measures

btw dont ever talk about someone else defending terrorism when you think it should be legal for anybody or any association to build even a nuclear weapon

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
who the **** said violence against gun owning people

1) change gun laws, create an amnesty and buyback scheme

2) after the amnesty expires then anyone owning a gun is a criminal and would be brought up on charges, and since you are such an anti-criminal you should then support those measures

btw dont ever talk about someone else defending terrorism when you think it should be legal for anybody or any association to build even a nuclear weapon
You're the one who brought up violence, when you talk about laws. Laws are enforced with the threat (someteimes explicit, somtimes implicit) of violence, i.e; if you resist arrest (righteous or wrongful), you will be met with violence.

I am anti-violence so ofcourse I wouldn't support imprisoning people for owning a gun. I'm insulted that you assume I would.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You're the one who brought up violence, when you talk about laws. Laws are enforced with the threat (someteimes explicit, somtimes implicit) of violence, i.e; if you resist arrest (righteous or wrongful), you will be met with violence.

I am anti-violence so ofcourse I wouldn't support imprisoning people for owning a gun. I'm insulted that you assume I would.
so for all the talk of anti criminal you are actually pro criminal

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
so for all the talk of anti criminal you are actually pro criminal
*sigh*

If a legitimate crime (that'd be to do with violence, threats, destruction of property etc) has been comitted than I support prosecution, I do not support the existence of laws that would send peaceful people to prison for possesing an object (gun, drugs etc.).

Clear? Or do you have more straw men you wish to attack because you can't justify putting a peaceful person in prison for the non-crime of posessing a gun?

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
It's not the gun laws that are the problem. Obviously it's a huge factor, but if someone is that mental that they'd want to go out and shoot a few dozen people, then they're gunna have no problem with illegally acquiring a gun. Even here in Australia, anyone can get a firearm, it's not so hard; heck if I wanted one, I could probably have it within a week. Ofcourse the law is preventing me, but tell me, what does a psychopath who's just shot his own mother, 20 kids, and 7 other people, as well as himself, have to fear from the law?

The problem lies in the culture that's ingrained in people from a young age. Especially in the US, violence is a normal thing. If you've got a tree that's bugging you, you pull it out from the roots, you don't just chop off the uppermost leaves. Same with 'banning' guns, it won't do anything. You have to deal with the problem from its roots.

That is the difference between people like you and people who are not Leb. I wouldn't know the first thing about getting a gun illegally.

/End Troll

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
*sigh*

If a legitimate crime (that'd be to do with violence, threats, destruction of property etc) has been comitted than I support prosecution, I do not support the existence of laws that would send peaceful people to prison for possesing an object (gun, drugs etc.).

Clear? Or do you have more straw men you wish to attack because you can't justify putting a peaceful person in prison for the non-crime of posessing a gun?
i dont support putting somebody in prison for owning a gun you idiot, i support the police coming in to remove guns, then the man will pay a fine

if the person refuses to give up the gun and shoots at the police, then he will be put in prison not for simply owning a gun but for that violence

but you would probably support shooting police who attempt to enforce gun laws

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
i dont support putting somebody in prison for owning a gun you idiot, i support the police coming in to remove guns, then the man will pay a fine

if the person refuses to give up the gun and shoots at the police, then he will be put in prison not for simply owning a gun but for that violence

but you would probably support shooting police who attempt to enforce gun laws
After 2 pages and however many posts I think we've established that we don't see eye to eye.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
After 2 pages and however many posts I think we've established that we don't see eye to eye.
yeah tbh im glad that i dont see eye to eye with you because it means that im not a psycho anti government anarchist who prefers no restrictions on even nuclear weapons

i mean its unbelievable to me that people can think like you

"ffs im not going to support the imprisonment of peaceful people simply because they happen to be making a home made bomb peacefully in their own home"

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The U.S will never hand their guns over, I bet they have more problems next year.
They can't have a buy back anyway, there are too many guns and America is broke.
They need to start by banning hand guns.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Guns don't kill people... people kill people, with guns!

nah but srs USA get your act together

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
*facepalm* Criminals don't obey laws. If guns are illegal then only criminals will possess them, it would'nt stop this sort of thing at all. Dude in China just stabbed 22 kids in China do they ban knives now? Do you ban rocks when people eventually start using them?

It's times like this I wonder why teachers aren't packing heat. Could have saved alot of lives.
Guns also make it incredibly easy to stop this sort of damage. Average number of victims of mass shootings when stopped by cops; 18.5, when stopped by civillians 2.2

The problem isn't guns, look at Switzerland and Canada, they've got a sh*tload of guns and don't have nearly as much gun violence. The problem is America, for reason they prodeuce alot of people who lead pathetic impotent lives and then try to immortalise themselves through a dramatic act of brutallity.
just the sort of stuff i was going to bring to this forum while i've been reading up on this stuff the past few days. agreed sir. also, are you gamebreaker?

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
just the sort of stuff i was going to bring to this forum while i've been reading up on this stuff the past few days. agreed sir. also, are you gamebreaker?
No, I don't know what a gamebreaker is. But thank you for the kindness.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
They can't have a buy back anyway, there are too many guns and America is broke.
tbh, i'm suprised more people haven't realized this, kind of a wet blanket over self righteous aussies saying "Oh, you should have done what Howard did 15 years ago."

P

Paint.

That is the difference between people like you and people who are not Leb. I wouldn't know the first thing about getting a gun illegally.

/End Troll
Yeah but the first step is robbing someone rich like you, a Category 1 Ticket holder...

Status
Not open for further replies.