Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If he turns out to be as good as all the experts predict he will,
We will be very lucky to have him
We will see, but if Cogger was such a sure superstar, why did they get Pearce in? JMK has a head start on Cogger and if he ended up going well, Cogger wont start when he gets here either. We dont know about Lewis yet either. He may get a go and kill it too, he shows promise in lower grades. Cogger may very well end up a depth signing depending on how he goes this year, and on how who we have this year goes too.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We will see, but if Cogger was such a sure superstar, why did they get Pearce in? JMK has a head start on Cogger and if he ended up going well, Cogger wont start when he gets here either. We dont know about Lewis yet either. He may get a go and kill it too, he shows promise in lower grades. Cogger may very well end up a depth signing depending on how he goes this year, and on how who we have this year goes too.
I understand all that
But apparently dogs signed him to start him in nrl hence why he agreed to sign and asked for a release
I watched the knights win over the magpies and cogger was a stand out

Inactually think he is the best of the list you made that we already have

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Long term partner for Foran? I'm more worried about who our long term half is going to be when Foran is gone in two years. We need a first class number 7 to see us through the next 10 years not half (no pun intended) fixing the problem for the next three.
We have some big dollars to spend in the next two years and we need to go for the likes of Nathan Cleary or Michael Morgan or anyone else available who are off contract this year or next.

JMK, Cogger, Lewis etc are young kids. Who is going to nurture these guys when Foran is gone that have played in the NRL consistently? Yes Cleary is young but he is a leader and a rare talent and he will be even better in years to come. Oh and goal kicking...say no more.
I hope Foran isnt gone in 2years time?!? Where did this info come from

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh im not jizzing about cogger coming at all. Not that hes useless, more im not sure we need him.
Cogger is looking good in the lower grades as a traditional halfback.. tbh thats exactly what we need.. we have plenty of 5/8s in our system including Foran who can play 6 or 7..

Would love getting Cogger into our system ASAP

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger was a really highly rated junior but I think part of the reason why he was so good in juniors was because strategically and mentally he was ahead of most of the kids his age as his dad was a pretty decent halfback (160 odd games for Wests) and so he most likely would've gotten some useful one on one coaching growing up that most of kids his age don't get.

That could be true and a good point but I'm hoping your wrong

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cogger is looking good in the lower grades as a traditional halfback.. tbh thats exactly what we need.. we have plenty of 5/8s in our system including Foran who can play 6 or 7..

Would love getting Cogger into our system ASAP
Id rather the opportunity to see how good players like jmk and lewis go at fg level. So im glad hes not coming this year.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whats wrong with Jmk he was outstanding for such a young kid. Played with a lot of confidence and great footwork...keep him at 6. Nu brown was fkn useless but
Needs to take the pressure of Foran .
Defences are belting Foran and he is the primary kicker

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't forget that besides Foran,
Brown,Lewis and JMK we still have
Frawley and Cleeland.Barring injuries you can't fit 7 into 4.
We're already seeing that this year, some of the above players are being played out of position and unless we alternate them consistantly, it will make it hard to judge which player is pressing to partner Foran or developing into a half.
There's an old saying "too many cooks spoil the broth".

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that besides Foran,
Brown,Lewis and JMK we still have
Frawley and Cleeland.Barring injuries you can't fit 7 into 4.
We're already seeing that this year, some of the above players are being played out of position and unless we alternate them consistantly, it will make it hard to judge which player is pressing to partner Foran or developing into a half.
There's an old saying "too many cooks spoil the broth".
I’m pretty sure Frawley, Lewis & Cleeland are off contract end of the season. I can see why Cogger was signed.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Frawley, Lewis & Cleeland are off contract end of the season. I can see why Cogger was signed.
Yes they all are and it's a good chance that Frawley and Cleeland might not be retained.Let's be real, at their age and stage of their careers they should have played alot more 1st grade .Unless a decision has already been made,they all need game time in right positions to properly determine if either is worth retaining.Cogger will be with us next year whether he plays well or not.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Until Lewis plays 1st grade he's still behind Frawley atm even though he's hanging by a thread.
I think the thread is pretty much broken,his game in the lower grade this weekend proved that.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the thread is pretty much broken,his game in the lower grade this weekend proved that.
I saw him clutch desperately in the air, legs kicking in a frenzy as he managed to grab the end of the thread.But alas to his dismay it broke again and like Humpy Dumpy he had a great fall.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
with Watson injured in the game vs roosters (12 weeks), i doubt knights will let go of Cogger now!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Foran isnt gone in 2years time?!? Where did this info come from
Signed for three years..i hope his form reaches heights that we know his capable of and means an extension on his contract but I have doubts if he can get there again. He'll be good for us but not great. Therefore, we start again with halves parings in three years which is why I say sign a top level half asap.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Signed for three years..i hope his form reaches heights that we know his capable of and means an extension on his contract but I have doubts if he can get there again. He'll be good for us but not great. Therefore, we start again with halves parings in three years which is why I say sign a top level half asap.
Tbh from what ive seen so far from Foran hes up there as the best half weve had since Sherwin

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Please guys Cogger is a really good signing.
He is young with heaps of potential and upside for the club.

Yes JMK had a solid game last Friday but hopefully we learnt from so many jumping on the Frawley bandwagon last season after two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.