New zealand vs Australia final, discussion and live thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about him but for some reason I thought he was a kiwi, yeh he will be hooker for sure unless Lichaa ends up being a freak
I think the groncos hooker gets a rep jersey before Lichaa

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the groncos hooker gets a rep jersey before Lichaa
McCullough is so overrated... Worst white line fever. He isn't fit to lick Jake Friends boots clean. If he played for anyone but the Broncos no one would even care he existed.

Jake Friend is or atleast was a grade A tosser (I have heard that he has genuinely turned his life around, but then everyone has until their next mistake.) but I think you could make a fair case that the only thing even the great Cam smith has over him is reputation and experience at this point (as a player right now, not career wise obviously)...

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree or not but We missed gallen and JT big time

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Friend or Segeyaro will take over cam smith.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree or not but We missed gallen and JT big time
I think we missed Matt Scott... Straight swap Scott for Papali and I think Australia is much better positioned to win that game.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we missed Matt Scott... Straight swap Scott for Papali and I think Australia is much better positioned to win that game.
Yeah and him too, but honestly speaking hayne, gallen, jt, slater, morris boys were always going to make australia less competitive. Their experience and talent are hard to replace.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shaun Johnson showed exactly what a good halfback should do with a dominant pack. He is the halfback we should be chasing at the moment because our forwards have on many occasions rolled the opposition much like the Kiwis did to the Australian back and our halves couldn't take any sort of advantage.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Papalli is average sure but I thought he played better throughout the series than Thaiday and Woods...

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Papalli is average sure but I thought he played better throughout the series than Thaiday and Woods...
I think if Scott is in the team Thaiday can play on the edge and then he would have been better though aswell. Woods was bad, but he was atleast as good as Papali still. If Scott is healthy and they add Lillyman, Lawrence or Tolman I think Australia probably would have won. Or atleast we would have had a much better chance of winning without basically all our tries coming against the run of play. A four man rotation of Scott, Woods, Klemmer and one of those guys looks pretty good imo (in no way do I rate woods, but he obviously was getting selected).

Now I'm not trying to argue the last one was a try, I think it could have gone ether way and them is the breaks. But does anyone know if Matautia get it down? I'm just generally curious, but they have no desire to show footage of it!

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah and him too, but honestly speaking hayne, gallen, jt, slater, morris boys were always going to make australia less competitive. Their experience and talent are hard to replace.
If Hayne was available and assuming he or GI took Walkers spot JMoz wouldn't have been in the team. Jennings was much better this year and I think is arguably a better player overall now. If GI (or Hayne) was there at centre Matautia doesn't get caught one on one with Vatuvei so I think he would have had a much better shot at stopping the second try by Manu.

There is no way Sione is better than BMoz right now, but I don't really think BMoz would have made a difference last night, asides from maybe stopping the second Vatuvei try (which honestly would be hard even for him to do) Sione made the most of the opportunities he got, he scored a try and did his part in scoring the match winner, he was just unlucky the 50/50 call on the forward pass went against Walker or we don't have this conversation, also no way BMoz makes that catch he did. That was absolutely amazing.

Ultimately blaming our backs, even Walker, is crazy talk. We lost because our forwards got absolutely rolled. We scored all our tries against the run of play or off a kick. The forwards didn't set the platform and our backs still almost saved us.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can no one tell me if Sione got the ball down!!! It's killing me hahahahahaha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well cherry and hunt will probably be the halfs, moylan for FB. Not sure who will replace smith at this time though as most aus hooker reps are old as well.
Moylan/Mbye/DCE/Friend :grinning:

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
Lol australia got away with 2 forward passes for the hunt try anyway but shit he actually got it down and the pass for that was wasn't too bad tbh

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol australia got away with 2 forward passes for the hunt try anyway but shit he actually got it down and the pass for that was wasn't too bad tbh
Yeah I agree. The passes from Walker to Sione and Sione to Cronk were both way more likely forward in the first try than walkers in the last try. I really thought the last try was ok tbh. But the better team won and ultimately I'm ok with that...

that is like the biggest problem for international football to overcome tbh. Imagine the uproar if an origin game was decided like that. All supporters of the losing state would be absolutely filthy. Yet in international football we just don't care as much. I want to care like that but I really just don't...

it is what it is.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems NZ fans are doing a souths and giving aus fans heaps after this victory. Will be funny after Aus destroys them in the Anzac test with a full strength side.

TeamWins
Australia[SUP]1[/SUP]14
New Zealand1

<tbody>
</tbody>

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems NZ fans are doing a souths and giving aus fans heaps after this victory. Will be funny after Aus destroys them in the Anzac test with a full strength side.

TeamWins
Australia[SUP]1[/SUP]14
New Zealand1

<tbody>
</tbody>
Hopefully it will put a bit of passion into the Australian fans. The level of indifference is a bit disturbing really. I want to care like I do about origin, I really do, but it just isn't there. I'd rather win 1 origin series than never lose a test match again.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully it will put a bit of passion into the Australian fans. The level of indifference is a bit disturbing really. I want to care like I do about origin, I really do, but it just isn't there. I'd rather win 1 origin series than never lose a test match again.
I think most fans feel the same way. Crowds for international matches are a little higher than regular season games yet origin is 80k average if playing at a stadium that can support that large a crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.