New Rules and the death of the NRL.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly!
The Salary Cap ONLY works with a draft.
never liked the idea of a draft,but now I'm a little bit older,and a little bit wiser,it all becomes clear.
Fuck you Terry Hill! lol

I can see no reason why they cannot have a voluntary draft.

Make it so any player signed through the draft gets a 50% salary cap exemption.

That being said a Salary Cap only works if it’s fair and transparent. With every team on the same level.

When the Roosters have a guy like Teddy playing for *$700k on the Cap and an unlimited amount in TPA the Salary Cap as such doesn’t exist.

They should have a fixed transfer window.

The last week of October should be a voluntary draft where any player who puts himself on the draft list has a pre determined Value they would like to sign for. The team that agrees to pay that price only has to have 50% of that amount allocated in the cap.

Any player either not in the draft or not picked up in the draft should have the month of November to agree to terms with a club.

That should be the only time players can sign contracts.

A loan system should be also put in place.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
For me it started a few years ago and sometimes I compare the NRL to the WWF (Sports entertainment or theatrical sports) where there's a pre-determined outcome. For sometime I have thought that the NRL decides who they want to win the comp for that year and do what they can to achieve that. 6 again rule will make it easier.

The year we played Souths in the GF gave me this train of thought. They should have been spruiking both teams BUT the one-sided wank fest for souths was ridiculous. I remember watching the game with a mate (not a dogs fan) and he commented heavily about how poor the coverage and favoritism was and how obvious. We were never going to be allowed to win that game.
Rusty ringing that fucken bell!
Dogs being fined MORE for being 10 minutes late for the GF kickoff than The vermin were were for having 2 players jailed, and then deliberately covered up for 6 months, on an American pre-season trip.
I hear ya!

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I can see no reason why they cannot have a voluntary draft.

Make it so any player signed through the draft gets a 50% salary cap exemption.

That being said a Salary Cap only works if it’s fair and transparent. With every team on the same level.

When the Roosters have a guy like Teddy playing for *$700k on the Cap and an unlimited amount in TPA the Salary Cap as such doesn’t exist.

They should have a fixed transfer window.

The last week of October should be a voluntary draft where any player who puts himself on the draft list has a pre determined Value they would like to sign for. The team that agrees to pay that price only has to have 50% of that amount allocated in the cap.

Any player either not in the draft or not picked up in the draft should have the month of November to agree to terms with a club.

That should be the only time players can sign contracts.

A loan system should be also put in place.
Too much to ask for transparency in the NRL.
It doesn't suit the powers that be.
Draft needs to happen,with allowances for home-grown players, at a minimum.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Saints vs cowboys game was pretty good ...
when your team is content to do 5 hit ups for a kick .... well you ain’t going to beat many sides

When teams are coached to play for completions and aren’t allowed to pass more than twice then you’ll continue to terrible

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Rusty ringing that fucken bell!
Dogs being fined MORE for being 10 minutes late for the GF kickoff than The vermin were were for having 2 players jailed, and then deliberately covered up for 6 months, on an American pre-season trip.
I hear ya!
Yep game started late for that fukin bell so they fined us. Total BS!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phuk this 6 again shit, they want the game to be more fast, just go back to unlimited Interchange FMD it's not that hard, instead of screwing with the rules, I have no idea about this new rules it's like as if I'm watching rugby league for the first time

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The problem with the 6 again is that it's a "rich get richer" scenario. If you have a good attacking team when the rule comes in then your set. By that I mean that the rule will heavily disadvantage the already disadvantaged teams with poor rosters. The 6 again will always flow with the team attacking and will continue for the whole game. The better teams with stacked rosters will dominate this area, causing the other team to constantly tackle, become fatigued, slow down and thus continue to give more 6 agains away. Game over!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bunker is just as stupid, I can't work out what's different between the first replay they see and the 50th replay. Any dum fuck can work out in one or 2 looks if it's a try or not
I agree. Hence time limits.
Same argument the Indians used when not supporting DRS. Why do they need the fancy ball tracking stuff when just an extra camera angle could’ve adjudicated?

apparently,
Todd Greenberg did a market research thing on this and the results came back taht fans preferred the right call over a fast call.

Now, as someone who does focus groups and market research projects to supplement my Centrelink pay (it doesn’t count as income) I can tell you now that those things are full of people who just want to fly through the questions and get paid, or are influenced by the larger group.
Also what you see on paper doesn’t capture the feeling of being in the game.
‘Do you want the right call over a quick call’ looks logical on paper but frustrating game day.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem with the 6 again is that it's a "rich get richer" scenario. If you have a good attacking team when the rule comes in then your set. By that I mean that the rule will heavily disadvantage the already disadvantaged teams with poor rosters. The 6 again will always flow with the team attacking and will continue for the whole game. The better teams with stacked rosters will dominate this area, causing the other team to constantly tackle, become fatigued, slow down and thus continue to give more 6 agains away. Game over!
I think you've hit the nail on the head, moreover is favours teams with decent go forward.
Our team is not really designed for the new rules, we don't have a back 3 that gives us momentum early on in the set with strong hit ups, we don't have middles who can get over the advantage line, draw in multiple defenders and get quick play the ball and we don't have a clever dummy half who can catch markers napping.
I know Thommo is missing but our prop rotation of Hethrington, Ogden, Atoni and Napa is the worst in the comp and by a fair margin, you add in a non metre eating lock in Jacko and it's not wonder we're getting killed up the middle

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new rules proves that there is not enough talent for expansion

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what I really miss? When teams would have a kicking duel

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watch all games where possible but I'm not focused on them at all, just zone out because the game is not what it once was ... People praise Valandys I think he's a fuckwit, just like all the other reactive rule changing ***** that walked before him.
He's a champion of the gambling agencies. Has been since he eliminated enquiries in the racing industry and he's now introduced rules in our game that allow our gambling sponsor to have a more direct impact on getting them the results that will produce maximum profit by giving the referees more leeway to make discretionary calls.

I really want to see the betting sponsorship eliminated from the game. Anyone who can't see this is a conflict of interest and source of corruption has the blinders on.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny thing is last week knights were perfect. No penalties at all. This week they had 4. Yesterday Penrith were virtually perfect besides 1 blocking penalty on a kick chaser.

The most penalised team at the moment is in fact the warriors with 10 penalties conceded. Who wants to guess how many penalties they have received? Does are 9-1 penalties conceded. The warriors the most I’ll disciplined team according to the stats are 10-10 :p

it’s not the fact that you get cained with Penalties. It’s the fact that you don’t get any 50/50 calls, you get no set restarts No penalties. Panthers had 15 sets more then us. And coincidentally they had a 9-2 penalties/set restart against us.

Take that away fair enough we still lose. But we don’t lose by 30. We are a weak team. We lack forwards. Our hookers are the worst in Australia (a 60 year old toothless junky tranny would be considered a better hooker then we have) averillo is lost at 5/8. Did Jackson play yesterday?

So we have a lot more work to do. Corey Waddell is a flop. Wish he was only a 1 year deal. But if we are losing the penalty count 4-1, 5-0 every week I can tell you that we won’t be in many games with 10 to go.

sleepy dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone needs to relax, what did you expect with the roster we have calm down we’ll win games. The new rules aren’t to blame infect the general consensus is that they are working higher ratings bigger audiences more juniors involvement