New NSW centre of excellence

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 million dollars in a NSW centre of excellence.. seems like a massive over spend.. imagine 30 country league (Groups) getting 1 million each....

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't talk common sense these tools in charge need to make a press release at least once to justify their jobs.

Canterbury leagues have been putting more money directly to clubs and groups then NSW rugby league. All the money these days are staying at the top and nothing going down to junior level.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They were renting 6 Herb Elliott Drive, so have literally moved just up the road. The NSWRL Centre of Excellence is the head office for NSWRL.

$10 million was funded by NSW Government.

The NRL/ARL where seriously considering moving "Rugby League Central" aka Head Office for ARl/NRL to Sydney Olympic Park as well.

Whispers were that they might be taking over the current Commonwealth Bank building when Commonwealth Bank move to Eveleigh.

If so it puts them walking distance to NSW RL HQ.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Meanwhile local footy clubs are folding and only have enough players for the one grade. Should put this money into grassroots. Honestly fucking shits me that they don’t give a flying fuck about grassroots. It seems like if it’s not 1st grade then these idiots don’t care.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile local footy clubs are folding and only have enough players for the one grade. Should put this money into grassroots. Honestly fucking shits me that they don’t give a flying fuck about grassroots. It seems like if it’s not 1st grade then these idiots don’t care.
The monkeys in charge of our game are incredibly short sighted if they think pushing limited recruits to be better trumps enticing more players into the game. But writing that they established a 'centre of excellence' fits far more easily in a resume than to write that they increased participation in rugby league. The monkeys in charge are doing wonderfully well at destroying the game from both the top and bottom.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's a tricky one. CRL need to work alongside NSWRL, and really need to be presenting their star players to NSWRL Regional Managers, and talent scouts to try and get their players pushed through from CRL to NSWRL competitions (Intrust/Bundy/Matts/Ball).

Tossing millions into country league is pointless as it's not really money that's required but accquisition of talent from country rugby league into NSW RL system (and beyond to NRL).

NSWRL look after junior comps (from my understanding), and are already heavily invested in local comps. Clubs also heavily align and invest in the local area comps (meaning less funding directtly required by NSWRL in such areas).

Example is Panthers Rugby League Academy, whereby Penrith Panthers pretty much oversee the entire local area comp all the way down to junior leagues.

Souths and Roosters, as well as Parra and other clubs have similar arrangements.

So as far as I'm aware (and I could be wrong), local comps are assisted by local NRL clubs as well as NSWRL. Talent is nurtured by the clubs and brought through that way.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They were renting 6 Herb Elliott Drive, so have literally moved just up the road. The NSWRL Centre of Excellence is the head office for NSWRL.

$10 million was funded by NSW Government.

The NRL/ARL where seriously considering moving "Rugby League Central" aka Head Office for ARl/NRL to Sydney Olympic Park as well.

Whispers were that they might be taking over the current Commonwealth Bank building when Commonwealth Bank move to Eveleigh.

If so it puts them walking distance to NSW RL HQ.
I hear, rent’s pretty cheap at the opal tower ?