Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Funny how they only changed the rule once a nrl owned team got f***ed....

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
looks like the nrl were aware of his final decision before this new rule was formulated, shows exactly what the worth of a contract is these days and exactly how managers and players exploit clubs to the fullest,
dce has lost all credibility hes lied to all the nrl fans hes lied to his own fans, i really hope they let him know form now on what a grub he really is

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
looks like the nrl were aware of his final decision before this new rule was formulated, shows exactly what the worth of a contract is these days and exactly how managers and players exploit clubs to the fullest,
dce has lost all credibility hes lied to all the nrl fans hes lied to his own fans, i really hope they let him know form now on what a grub he really is
A pretty good assessment of the situation.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
so what is or was the definite deadline for the DCE mismanagement?

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
*bangs head against wall*

Let's fix a problem with contracts "BY MAKING IT EVEN WORSE"!!!!

F me sideways.. you'd swear blind these dickheads are being paid by a rival comp to kill the game.

So now instead of allowing a club till Round 13 to win back the contract of a star player, the player only has 10 days before they can sign elsewhere.

Okay, so let me get this straight. Let's use Mbye and say his contract expires the end of 2016.
#1 - Means the only club he can sign with - is the Bulldogs, unless the club release him ??
#2 - Means that next year at any time, a new club can sign him. Lets say Manly make him an offer and he agrees to join them. It is Round 2.
#3 - Manly assume Mbye is theirs and Bulldogs no longer have the ability to pitch a better offer before Round 13, instead they must make an offer within 10 days. Mbye decides to ditch Manly and take up Bulldogs offer but has to wait 10 business days before it is registered.
#4 - Only after those 10 days can Bulldogs announce he has officially signed with them.

This is dumb ... frigging dumb.

Bring in an anti tampering and be done with it.

Allowing a team to be disrupted now as early as Round 1 in the final season of a player is just stupid as hell.
Not a fan of your posts, but this one was spot on. Don't ban me.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no cooling off for anybody ffs, ok maybe a special clause for players if the coach at their club is caught having sex with the players wife, id allow a 10 day cooling off period for the coach to say sorry etc and make things right, but other than that the deal should be a deal immediately upon the signature
Yep, a contract is a contract, no cooling off, you should be cooling off before you sign anything.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Most bigger type contracts have a cooling off period (a house, or a car purchase do for example). It is there for a reason, without it, the person signing can later say they where pressured to sign and challenge it's legality, with a cooling off period, they can't argue they where pressured/forced/tricked into signing it......... so, that’s why its there, the new rule solves the issues for me.

Also don't think its all that fair to prevent players from signing during a season. They do have to relocate themselves and their family, find a house, schools if they have kids, etc..... think its fair enough a player has that opportunity during the last year of a contact for the next year, and with the other rule changes, if I club really wants to keep a player, just extend them before that last 12 month window and your good. I think the NRL has this one spot on.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
unfortunately if you do not supply a cooling off period of some description ... then the contract can be challenged in a court of law ... I don't think 10 days cooling off period is too much of a drama ....

Status
Not open for further replies.