Opinion New Era of Hatred

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How long has it been since we weren't the subject of rugby league sympathisers? How long has it been since a club signed gun, top line players who are young and are arguably not even in the prime of their careers all the while winning a measly 5 games in 2 years. The NRL community fears us so much that their only way of destabilising us is talking about us in the same breath as the TOP FOUR! The blue and white army has always stood strong and while we were in the depths of grief it was that proud history that held us all together. To stop loving the dogs would be an insult to all the icons that donned the blue and white and shaped generations. NOW, it is time for the 2010-2021 generation to know what it was like when we were a powerhouse.

Gus has dragged us back into respectability overnight. He's dragged us back into relevancy. We sell papers, we sell a vision to players who know that the club will rise to extraordinary feats again.

And that is why I believe the second the Mahoney dinner video came out, there was this angst in viewers. They knew that something is brewing in Belmore. They dismissed it as Ayoub playing us, but they forget about LORD GUS and LORD BARRETT and LORD JOHN KHOURY and LORD AARON WARBURTON and Laundy.

And who are the lords who govern Parramatta?! A bald nobody coach who is proud of a history that is not even in colour. If there was a gun to my head i couldn't even name one member of the the board of Parramatta, because they are NOBODIES.

Lets enjoy future immortal Matt Burton and hall of famer Reed Mahoney tear up the comp for YEARS to come and enjoy Parramatta being burned to the ground - where they belong outside 1981-83.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
When we are hated the most it’s when we are at our best.
Let other fans question our cap and recruitment. They would all hate to see us back being a powerhouse
2004. I remember we were loathed and Parramatta copped the brunt of our anger in round one :tearsofjoy:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's about time that we copped the hate and fear again. Been too long where we've been considered an easy game. The truth is that we've still got to take a good team on paper and turn it into a cohesive unit on field though. Potential does not necessarily equal results. So while I'm excited about the team we've got assembled, I'm still a bit nervous about the fact that we've got to hope that Barrett and his coaching crew can get the best out of the new look roster.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How long has it been since we weren't the subject of rugby league sympathisers? How long has it been since a club signed gun, top line players who are young and are arguably not even in the prime of their careers all the while winning a measly 5 games in 2 years. The NRL community fears us so much that their only way of destabilising us is talking about us in the same breath as the TOP FOUR! The blue and white army has always stood strong and while we were in the depths of grief it was that proud history that held us all together. To stop loving the dogs would be an insult to all the icons that donned the blue and white and shaped generations. NOW, it is time for the 2010-2021 generation to know what it was like when we were a powerhouse.

Gus has dragged us back into respectability overnight. He's dragged us back into relevancy. We sell papers, we sell a vision to players who know that the club will rise to extraordinary feats again.

And that is why I believe the second the Mahoney dinner video came out, there was this angst in viewers. They knew that something is brewing in Belmore. They dismissed it as Ayoub playing us, but they forget about LORD GUS and LORD BARRETT and LORD JOHN KHOURY and LORD AARON WARBURTON and Laundy.

And who are the lords who govern Parramatta?! A bald nobody coach who is proud of a history that is not even in colour. If there was a gun to my head i couldn't even name one member of the the board of Parramatta, because they are NOBODIES.

Lets enjoy future immortal Matt Burton and hall of famer Reed Mahoney tear up the comp for YEARS to come and enjoy Parramatta being burned to the ground - where they belong outside 1981-83.
One question AdzBulldogz
Why is the name Laundy mentioned amongst the doers, what good has he done ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
2004. I remember we were loathed and Parramatta copped the brunt of our anger in round one :tearsofjoy:
36 to 0 at half time and Hazem kicked 8 out 8 for the game.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's about time that we copped the hate and fear again. Been too long where we've been considered an easy game. The truth is that we've still got to take a good team on paper and turn it into a cohesive unit on field though. Potential does not necessarily equal results. So while I'm excited about the team we've got assembled, I'm still a bit nervous about the fact that we've got to hope that Barrett and his coaching crew can get the best out of the new look roster.
Exactly right. We have to do it all out on the field.

We answer the haters at Daily Tellucrap and Fox commentators, with results.
The only way.

If we are winners.
If we play like Entertainers
We will have a renewed fan base. Kids will want to be Fox, Burto, BBO, Reed in playgrounds.
We will have footy heroes, instead of zeros.

...all the hate goes away only then, because we will be an irresistible force that they can't beat, on or off the field.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most opposition fans hate the Bulldogs, not all but most.

But when they "Seriously Hate us" I absolutely love it, because it means we've got a seriously strong footy club from top to bottom.

In the good old days everyone new us as a Strong Club with Big Balls that not many would dare to f@ck with.

Right now, it seems we are showing the world that our balls are as big if not bigger than anyone else's and it's about bloody time.

The next phase however is the most important and will take time, and that must consist of sustained strength on the field.

We need to be known as "The Tough Club" once again and thank God it finally looks like we've got the right people in charge to make it happen.

The Tough Club With Big Balls..... it's been way too long but it looks like those times have finally returned.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most opposition fans hate the Bulldogs, not all but most.

But when they "Seriously Hate us" I absolutely love it, because it means we've got a seriously strong footy club from top to bottom.

In the good old days everyone new us as a Strong Club with Big Balls that not many would dare to f@ck with.

Right now, it seems we are showing the world that our balls are as big if not bigger than anyone else's and it's about bloody time.

The next phase however is the most important and will take time, and that must consist of sustained strength on the field.

We need to be known as "The Tough Club" once again and thank God it finally looks like we've got the right people in charge to make it happen.

The Tough Club With Big Balls..... it's been way too long but it looks like those times have finally returned.
It was great, especially during the 80s, when we were feared. Our defensive dominance under Warren Ryan was awe inspiring... not exactly expansive, exciting football but extremely effective.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly right. We have to do it all out on the field.

We answer the haters at Daily Tellucrap and Fox commentators, with results.
The only way.

If we are winners.
If we play like Entertainers
We will have a renewed fan base. Kids will want to be Fox, Burto, BBO, Reed in playgrounds.
We will have footy heroes, instead of zeros.

...all the hate goes away only then, because we will be an irresistible force that they can't beat, on or off the field.
Very true, but one of our most prolific periods was based on brutal defence.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Andrew Moore commented last year... to paraphrase "there's talent on the way, the question is whether we have the coaching staff to take advantage". Barrett struggled at Manly but that was an age ago, let's hope he's matured and learnt his trade in the meantime.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Parra can moan all they like about this one.
Their short memories can cast back to when they stole half our premiership wining players during the super league wars. And haha we still beat them in that semifinal straight after the war after being down 18-2 with 10min left.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love it and the rest that dont can go suck a big fat one

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We suffered, we clawed and every team does. Hopefully our time is done, storm, panthers and Eels seem to have cracks forming, but enjoy the rise lads, the bulldogs have arrived!!!!!!

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As long as it stems from success on and off the field and not from being cellar dwellers, they can all suck a turd.