New coach candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my feeling is that Des is gone. I think we are all grateful for that.

Looking forward.. who should we get?

I don't like the appeal of dean pay. He's a bulldog, yes, but has he got tactical nous? Nothing suggests he does, but then again nothing suggests he doesn't. I admit, I don't really know him too well as a player but he did hit hard like a fucking Mac truck. Is this what we need right now? Defensively we are solid (when the players are committed).

Jimmy dymock is a bit of a mystery. My initial thoughts were that we should bin him with Des... but let's face it, it's always a good thing to be loyal to the boss so maybe that's why he's been playing along with desball? But if he truly believes in the bullshit he can fuck off as well. Is he a "true" dog? Maybe. But I guess the real question.. do we need an ex doggie or is it a matter of letting ex players be more involved in the place? I'd love to hear guys like o'meley, sherwin and anaista talk about old war stories.. can't imagine what that would be like for actual players!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's gone alright...anyone other than Jason Taylor would do me after the past 5 years...
I wouldnt even mind a fresh approach and have Kimmorley and Ennis combine to have a crack...why not...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think there'll be big money to thrown around for an experience coach after paying out Hasler. Most of the recent premiership winning coaches have been rookies. I'd be happy to take a chance on Georgallis or Pay as long as it's a short contract. Just want to see the end of this stupid Hasler era.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay or Jim Dymock with Chris Anderson in a managing role would be ideal. However I don't know how well Anderson gets along with those 2 after the Super League War stuff.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Des Hasler will change his name and reapply for the job :D

I honestly don't think he is gone... Round 10 2018.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's gone alright...anyone other than Jason Taylor would do me after the past 5 years...
I wouldnt even mind a fresh approach and have Kimmorley and Ennis combine to have a crack...why not...
I want them both as assistants, smart players who have helped our club and care about the joint.

Reactions: DT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Steve Georgallis tbh. Hearing Noddy might be back at the club next season also..
Fingers crossed, Reynolds played his best footy under him imo (if thats any consilation) even got some good out of Keating.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would be great to see Anderson get back involved in some way

Reactions: DT

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If it happens it needs to be someone with no ties to the club, none of this "jobs for the boys" bullshit.

Just like Hill.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay or Jim Dymock with Chris Anderson in a managing role would be ideal. However I don't know how well Anderson gets along with those 2 after the Super League War stuff.
From memory,I remember reading he kicked both of them out of his office when they informed him of their decision to jump ship.Something like "get the fuck out of my office"

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want dib to be making decisions regarding a new coach... The guy can't be trusted! Our roster is settled for next season, I think a care taker coach until the board elections, hopefully dib is sent on his way allowing the new board and CEO to select a new coach! Dib is not fit to make any decision concerning our club, the only thing his proven time and time again is his ability to make wrong decision after wrong decision!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay would be great because of his connections to junior blues and his Bulldog history. To me success for the next couple of years will be judged by spirit talent ability and the respect of our proud jersey. Premiership/s will be the fruit. If Pay or whoever is the coach instill this into the club, we'll be ok.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't want dib to be making decisions regarding a new coach... The guy can't be trusted! Our roster is settled for next season, I think a care taker coach until the board elections, hopefully dib is sent on his way allowing the new board and CEO to select a new coach! Dib is not fit to make any decision concerning our club, the only thing his proven time and time again is his ability to make wrong decision after wrong decision!
Agree Dib is a disease.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dib aint going anywhere,all this will be his attempts to fix this mess before the elections

Status
Not open for further replies.