New Age Therapy - What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the way to the train station, I walk through a park where every morning there are at least 20 (and on some days up to 50) people partaking in a huge Tai Chi session... And every morning I think "What the hell is the point of that nonsense?"... If it is to promote looking like a fool, then it is doin' a good job... for inner health, I don't see how that is possible!

Then again, maybe doing the "I'm a little teapot" shit as a little kid was actually beneficial to my health? Who knows?!

We also have Yoga - This seems a little more useful... but personally I like to stretch BEFORE I exercise... it isn't supposed to be the whole damn wokout!

Pilates on the other hand just looks like yoga for the exclusively constipated...

Crystal therapy can be very fufilling though, ESPECIALLY if you throw really big gems at the tools doing tai chi!

Add to this list yoga-lates, acupuncture, homeopathy, and other herbal remedies (non-illicit of course) which I don't see very little point too!

Anyway, what do you all think of this kind of thing? Does anyone here partake in any of this (or any other) new age crap?

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
rofl at throwing rocks at tai chi people.

the herbal remedy stuff is the one that really bugs me. i've very rarely seen people come out of a naturopath with only one vial of something. everytime, there's always drops. and not just one lot...multiple lots. 'this drop on your tongue 3 times a day to promote this, 4 of this drop for this, once a day with this one for this...'

that side of it is ridiculous. but, for some people this stuff can be beneficial (it's all in the mind methinks).

A

atomic_crimson

honeopathy is the only one i know remotely anything about and that works in the sense of building up your immune system... kinda like an immunisation only through herbs. This way your body uses its own mechanisms to kill off a virus rather than relying on chemicals etc.

D

D0ggyStylz

dvsbastard said:
On the way to the train station, I walk through a park where every morning there are at least 20 (and on some days up to 50) people partaking in a huge Tai Chi session... And every morning I think "What the hell is the point of that nonsense?"... If it is to promote looking like a fool, then it is doin' a good job... for inner health, I don't see how that is possible!

Then again, maybe doing the "I'm a little teapot" **** as a little kid was actually beneficial to my health? Who knows?!

We also have Yoga - This seems a little more useful... but personally I like to stretch BEFORE I exercise... it isn't supposed to be the whole damn wokout!

Pilates on the other hand just looks like yoga for the exclusively constipated...

Crystal therapy can be very fufilling though, ESPECIALLY if you throw really big gems at the tools doing tai chi!

Add to this list yoga-lates, acupuncture, homeopathy, and other herbal remedies (non-illicit of course) which I don't see very little point too!

Anyway, what do you all think of this kind of thing? Does anyone here partake in any of this (or any other) new age crap?
you had me at "on the way to the train station"!!!

FMD that was funny!

A

atomic_crimson

p.s dvs there seems to be alot out there in this world which pisses you off!

please don't turn into a serial killer :p

D

DoggyStylz

atomic_crimson said:
p.s dvs there seems to be alot out there in this world which pisses you off!

please don't turn into a serial killer :p
Didnt you get the email where you had to guess whether the guy was a serial Killer or IT geek, i couldnt tell when DVS's head popped up!

A

atomic_crimson

DoggyStylz said:
Didnt you get the email where you had to guess whether the guy was a serial Killer or IT geek, i couldnt tell when DVS's head popped up!

by day he is the IT geek by night he is a serial killer! :O

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, nuthing wrong with IT Geeks!!!!

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
LMFAO mate!!! That was GOLD

The only thing i do is drink a tea concoction before i go to bed to help me sleep, my mum made it for me, dunno whats in it!! But it relaxes me, i also meditate before masturbation-but thats another story :p

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a serial killer just yet people!

But with access to a bulldozer I bet I could at least get up to 20 (and on some days up to 50) hits in one morning! ;)

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man - number 1- I HATED Eiffel!!!! I failed that subj twice!!

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:
thats right pale pink suspenders and prada glasses :p
That's right... I'm the new chic geek of the 21st Century!

But today I'm wearing a "Geeks do it better" polo - complete with popped collar! :p

A

atomic_crimson

dvsbastard said:
But today I'm wearing a "Geeks do it better" polo - complete with popped collar! :p

ohhhhh :p very spunky!

does the shirt have a giant calculator on the back? cos if it does very metro!

D

D0ggyStylz

dvsbastard said:
That's right... I'm the new chic geek of the 21st Century!

think I saw you this morning!!!! Pocket at the front with your pen set?

Status
Not open for further replies.