Neighbour / Contract issue, advice wanted.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Onto the job, it doesn't look like there was any steele or reinforcement material laid prior to this. You see for concreting, it's usually a 2 days job. Day 1, prep - digging out the area and clearing it out etc. Day 2, laying the concrete. Whoever did this certainly didn't do the entire job, just the end bit. Find out the name of the company, call them up and complain that you're not paying, and demand they fix it or you'll threaten legal action.
I’ve seen Lebanese lightning jobs where the “contractor” (contractor my arse) have laid the reo and taken a works progress shot before pouring the slab but taken out the reinforcement just before to both save money and get DA approval. What is it with lebs and doing it dodgy? Just do it right the first time and it avoids so much stress. You will get a good name and continuous work and everyone make an honest dollar. Why fucking do dodgy?? Never understood.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That looks like it’s excess concrete slapped on top of a dirt path? Not doing anything.

I think the only way to fix the leaning fence is to have the plants removed, remove the fence and re-do the footings and fence.

Get the contact details from your neighbour because it seems like he’s been jipped so just go easy on him. Get in touch with the contractor and give him a serve. Trespass and dumping has occurred on your property, I think best option is to force a full refund from him and you get someone to do it properly. You will come out at a loss overall but probably the best outcome you can get.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I’ve seen Lebanese lightning jobs where the “contractor” (contractor my arse) have laid the reo and taken a works progress shot before pouring the slab but taken out the reinforcement just before to both save money and get DA approval. What is it with lebs and doing it dodgy? Just do it right the first time and it avoids so much stress. You will get a good name and continuous work and everyone make an honest dollar. Why fucking do dodgy?? Never understood.
Bloody dodgy Arabs.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
L
I'm sure he'll be shitting bricks seeing a skinny little Indian guy act tough.
Please.
I’m Lebanese firstly. Born there and u saw the dna.
If you were rolling down an alleyway in strawberry hills and you saw me and my posse behind me you would walk the other way guaranteed.
Look at the avatar and let it sink in.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Launch a complaint with Fair Trading department with more photos and the story in full including what outcome you expect. Bearing these departments will always want you to try and come to a solution with tradie so you must try this first. Only deal in writing. One question is this concrete supporting anything
Fair trading lol there a bunch of useless f..wits

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I don't think it's the old guys fault, the job probably looks pristine on his side of the fence. Shit fucking lazy tradie is to blame. Probably easier for you to just shovel that concrete away, keep quiet with the neighbour (especially if he's footing the whole bill for the job) and maybe get on social media of the dodgy tradie and let loose.
These days in my experiences you just about expect a shitty job from tradies but I'm sure there are some great ones around who still take pride in their work and do a great job.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am usually the resident expert on neighbour disputes .. how can someone leave a site like that? Job done?

I’d say lesson learnt is get details of anyone working on your fence or in your yard before they commence. The dodgy bloke could have damaged your house also or robbed you.

looks like a pretty bad afternoon for you digging that crap out.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think it's the old guys fault, the job probably looks pristine on his side of the fence. Shit fucking lazy tradie is to blame. Probably easier for you to just shovel that concrete away, keep quiet with the neighbour (especially if he's footing the whole bill for the job) and maybe get on social media of the dodgy tradie and let loose.
These days in my experiences you just about expect a shitty job from tradies but I'm sure there are some great ones around who still take pride in their work and do a great job.
I talked to the neighbour today... Turns out the lawn mowing man / self proclaimed 'handy man' did it. I should have took a photo, but fuck me it's shocking on his side, absolute fucking mess haha. Silly old fool got played hard.

I have the man's phone number, debating on wether to call him and make an issue of it now... although I'm angry it's easy enough for me to break down and remove with the right tools.

If I push the envelope it could force me into a situation that requires more money I don't have haha. Old guys just seems happy enough his fence panel is straight.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the old timer did the job? Did anyone see any contractor? Fooled everyone and now he will ask for half the $25000 invoice

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
L

Please.
I’m Lebanese firstly. Born there and u saw the dna.
If you were rolling down an alleyway in strawberry hills and you saw me and my posse behind me you would walk the other way guaranteed.
Look at the avatar and let it sink in.
I'm confused as to why you would be in Strawberry Hills there's nothing there,..... although they used make the Classic Dogs jerseys there back in the 80 an 90s. I did some work at the factory.