Negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Worth a lot more than $2.92m Probably around $4-5m
It's got the views of the ocean, can't be inusred for acts of god, and is a shitty little non heritage listed, non renovated 1900s cottage/sea shack. If it had a higher vantage point, but where it's located (and given it almost got wiped out once), and in a falling housing market I'd say $3.5 - 4.5 million would about right.

He paid $2.8 million for it in 2014... most of which our club would have contributed.

Reactions: Dog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasler is sitting out on his back deck over looking Collaroy beach sipping a beer with Foran both thinking thank fuck for the dogs and our retirement top ups
This is a great point! Did anyone stop and contemplate that Hasler may have done a deal with Foran (I’ll offer you 1million a season for 3 years towards your retirement, in return, leave that brown paper bag with my commission in it by the water cooler...). I just can’t fathom why and how a 3 year deal is signed off for an older guy on 1 leg.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL I actually don't need to give it out.. 5 seconds on Google.

Not sure that would be good for the 1900s wooden floorboards... it'll sink in between them (unlike poo).
Be good for his garden though

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's got the views of the ocean, can't be inusred for acts of god, and is a shitty little non heritage listed, non renovated 1900s cottage/sea shack. If it had a higher vantage point, but where it's located (and given it almost got wiped out once), and in a falling housing market I'd say $3.5 - 4.5 million would about right.

He paid $2.8 million for it in 2014... most of which our club would have contributed.
With a bit of luck,the house might collapse in the next storm

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have wondered could the Reasonable Person Test be used in this case of proving negligence over incompetence. But think it would more likely be Dib and Castle not Hasler that would have something to worry about.

I'm sure it was to pull the wool over the members eyes and get the board another term and Dib knew it would destroy the short term future of the club.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think he lives there any more. He bought at Freshwater.
I heard that Sam Perrett built his new house.

Reactions: DT

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Malla ... Google it ;)

I dont think he lives there any more. He bought at Freshwater. I heard that Sam Perrett built his new house.
He moved from Freshwater to Collaroy.

That's not to say with his payout from us he hasn't expanded his property empire.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hasler is sitting out on his back deck over looking Collaroy beach sipping a beer with Foran both thinking thank fuck for the dogs and our retirement top ups
Don't forget the rest of his Manly crew, Crusher with a conveyor belt of pies tipping into his gob and She-rex to lazy to get up and get a beer from the fridge....probably couldn't open the twist top anyways.

Reactions: Dog

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe a BAD weather front will des-Troy his house like he destroyed our club lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting that I was reading the 2017 NRL Financial Report and came across this:

INDEMNIFICATION OF OFFICERS
The Company paid an insurance premium of $169,469 (2016:$163,798) in respect of a contract insuring the Directors of the Company named earlier in this report and each executive officer, against liabilities and expenses arising as a result of work performed in their respective capacities, to the extent permitted by law, up to the policy limit.

So why couldn't our club claim insurance against the previous Directors for similar actions?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whats more concerning were the fucktard beancounters who allowed this to happen and supported the madness
Pretty much says it all........... I just hope his payout was at a minimum?? cost to the club and I sincerely hope no other NRL club signs Des up as a head coach EVER!! now that would be Justice in itself!!

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Pretty much says it all........... I just hope his payout was at a minimum?? cost to the club and I sincerely hope no other NRL club signs Des up as a head coach EVER!! now that would be Justice in itself!!
I would love Roosters,Sharks or Broncos to sign him so he could fuck their Cap as well.
Oh wait a minute sorry my bad they don't have one.

Reactions: DT

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't help but think of the following song when think of Des and the previous board....

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d like to steal all the breakers out of the meter box in his palace, including the phase incomers.
Then when he replaces them, steal them all again.
**** hates to spend his money.
Are you a carpenter

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the rest of his Manly crew, Crusher with a conveyor belt of pies tipping into his gob and She-rex to lazy to get up and get a beer from the fridge....probably couldn't open the twist top anyways.
I read an article a few weeks back about she-rex after he did his knee. Unbelievably he needed the contract at Parra as he was basically broke. Rumour was he blew it all at Guildford TAB

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which genius/es at the club was/were involved in allowing QLD U20 hooker Reed Mahoney to leave and head to the Eels?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I read an article a few weeks back about she-rex after he did his knee. Unbelievably he needed the contract at Parra as he was basically broke. Rumour was he blew it all at Guildford TAB
What an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.