NBA card collectors

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey Kennelers.
Just seeing if there are any Nba card collectors here.
Do you collect old cards, new cards or a mixture of both.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
dont collect fully, but i have bought a few PSA 10, mint, just as an investment

since kobe died alot of cards and merchandise have really gone up in value, took that same principle and invested in other players.

Malla

Reaction score
I have gotten into it more the last few years

I think if you want to use it as investment then do your research on some young players coming up through the draft, get your hands on some of their college cards, then rookie cards as soon as they hit the league (might be easier to get them signed early in their careers too) then just wait and hope their careers go off and they'll be worth a bit

I wish I tried to get a signed card by Melo Ball when he was here last year, didn't think he would have such a good rookie year and he seems like he will only get better, but that's just how it is I guess

Good luck

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a heap when I was younger. Also have the full collection of the original Rugby League cards somewhere.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve got shaq, Jordan, Webber, penny hardaway cards still in sleeves from back in 90s they aren’t worth anything

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was only thinking of digging all of mine out yesterday actually. I’ll never forget how excited I was when I got a redemption card for a gold autographed set. We got family visiting from the U.S to redeem it & dad picked it up when he was there for work. I wasn’t trusting Australia post haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
U should dig them out, you might be sitting on some money there.
I bought some of the pokemon cards when they originally came out. Had them stored in the garage. Garage got flooded and destroyed everything. Found out a few weeks later that the cards I had were worth $30k

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I bought some of the pokemon cards when they originally came out. Had them stored in the garage. Garage got flooded and destroyed everything. Found out a few weeks later that the cards I had were worth $30k
I had a Holo Charizard when I was a kid, I don't think it was a first edition but I try not to think about it...

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve got shaq, Jordan, Webber, penny hardaway cards still in sleeves from back in 90s they aren’t worth anything
If u don’t want them, I’ll take them off you.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
[emoji24]

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have about 100 David Robinson cards and about 100 of Barkley ones too

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If u don’t want them, I’ll take them off you.
I once got a shaq rookie card from cards shop in Campbelltown mall years ago. I knew it was worth money looked in the book. Got $450 for it and went an bought a new surf board with money. I used to have the set to every cards there was early 90s. Bought heaps and also did a few 5 finger discounts from newsagents

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My brother in law is big into Pokémon cards he has hundred of em. Sold one the other day for $50000USD

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a teen I was an avid card collector, mostly Basketball and American Football. I've still got a majority of my card folders packed away containing special sets and inserts.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve still got some of the dusty pink chewing gum from the packets of Scanlen’s RL cards from the 80’s. Not sure it’s worth risking trying though :-).

Seriously I wish I’d kept all my RL cards and sticker books from back in the day…

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hey Kennelers.
Just seeing if there are any Nba card collectors here.
Do you collect old cards, new cards or a mixture of both.
This thread: