Napa should never play again

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Assuming Napa is on 650k that equates to 54166 per month. We have already paid him 5 months of that contract 270830 leaving a residue of 379170. Panthers wanted us to pick up most of the leftovers and also pay Burton money, that will then still give us 29 players meaning we have one spot left. Minimum contract amount is 110k so not really a lot to accommodate the 30th player. As you say we have already had to take a cap hit for the game Deitz played. Ava is not in our 30 so not sure what would happen there.

This list is at 9/3/2021

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
SPOTS AVAILABLE: 1

• Corey Allan
  • Jake Averillo
  • Dean Britt
  • Nick Cotric
  • Christian Crichton
  • Matt Doorey
  • Adam Elliott
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  • Kyle Flanagan
  • Tyrone Harding
  • Jack Hetherington
  • Will Hopoate
  • Josh Jackson
  • Sione Katoa
  • Tuipolotu Katoa
  • Lachlan Lewis
  • Jeremy Marshall-King
  • Nick Meaney
  • Dylan Napa
  • Ofahiki Ogden
  • Jayden Okunbor
  • James Roumanos
  • Chris Smith
  • Joe Stimson
  • Luke Thompson
  • Renouf To'omaga
  • Corey Waddell
  • Brandon Wakeham
  • Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Matthew Doorey, Paul Karaitiana, Chris Patolo, Kurt Picken, Jackson Topine.
That's a lot of deadwood.... I'd struggle to hold on to even 10 of them on that list.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he was very above average, 10 metres gained from dummy half, strong in contact, quick play the ball, safe in the air, good defender

the kennel gave him shit because he was the last line in defence outnumbered and came in off the wing to shut down the play, classic case of blaming the victim and the kennel deserves this run of form

like when DWZ drops the ball i think of the kennel deserving it
I respect your opinion but good in the air? Come on. I’ve lost count of the times he’d drop the ball and then go and high five his teammates

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Assuming Napa is on 650k that equates to 54166 per month. We have already paid him 5 months of that contract 270830 leaving a residue of 379170. Panthers wanted us to pick up most of the leftovers and also pay Burton money, that will then still give us 29 players meaning we have one spot left. Minimum contract amount is 110k so not really a lot to accommodate the 30th player. As you say we have already had to take a cap hit for the game Deitz played. Ava is not in our 30 so not sure what would happen there.

This list is at 9/3/2021

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
SPOTS AVAILABLE: 1

• Corey Allan
  • Jake Averillo
  • Dean Britt
  • Nick Cotric
  • Christian Crichton
  • Matt Doorey
  • Adam Elliott
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  • Kyle Flanagan
  • Tyrone Harding
  • Jack Hetherington
  • Will Hopoate
  • Josh Jackson
  • Sione Katoa
  • Tuipolotu Katoa
  • Lachlan Lewis
  • Jeremy Marshall-King
  • Nick Meaney
  • Dylan Napa
  • Ofahiki Ogden
  • Jayden Okunbor
  • James Roumanos
  • Chris Smith
  • Joe Stimson
  • Luke Thompson
  • Renouf To'omaga
  • Corey Waddell
  • Brandon Wakeham
  • Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Matthew Doorey, Paul Karaitiana, Chris Patolo, Kurt Picken, Jackson Topine.
I think we are getting at the same thing.
My point was ‘as long as it doesn’t fuck up this years cap it’s a non issue’ but between ourselves we have seen we can pay off Napa and still get Burton.
So we may as well do it?
What’s the point of being half a rock under the cap if we don’t spend it?
We simply just need to ensure we have 200k left over for Deitz/another prop to fill the top 30.
anothe factor is crichton dispensation may allow us an extra player too.

Im only weary at screwing up next years cap at this stage.

The ultimate point is who cares if we are asking Penrith to pay 50% or 10% of Napa’s salary this year
.It makes no difference to us this year. Our only concern is if we have enough prop depth to get through 2021. Now that Britt and Stimson are in the prop game, I think we do.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said all along that he should never have been signed in the first place. He's your typical Rooster and I hate anything to do with the Rorters. He copped soft penalties for rearranging the faces of a few opposition players with dangerous tackling technique, where he launched off his feet and lead with the shoulder. If that happened at the Bulldogs he'd be out a LOT longer, which in effect isn't a bad thing but it leaves us down a player that was part of our 30 and that should've gone to someone who has more speed, talent and not a liability to the team and club. No wonder the Rorters released him from the last year of his contract, considering what he was on yet some bright spark thought he was a worthwhile purchase. He clearly wasn't and doesn't have one ounce of Bulldog DNA in him. While he's in the team we have NO chance of making the Finals. Release him as soon as possible like you did Aaron Woods.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I respect your opinion but good in the air? Come on. I’ve lost count of the times he’d drop the ball and then go and high five his teammates
it probably happened 2 or 3 times but you hated it so much that you remembered it and confused it with happening regularly

i hope you enjoyed when he got dropped because thats exactly when the losing started

once again the kennel deserves everything that happens, they wanted perrett gone, they wanted mbye signed, they loved lichaa signing, they loved napa etc

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we are getting at the same thing.
My point was ‘as long as it doesn’t fuck up this years cap it’s a non issue’ but between ourselves we have seen we can pay off Napa and still get Burton.
So we may as well do it?
What’s the point of being half a rock under the cap if we don’t spend it?
We simply just need to ensure we have 200k left over for Deitz/another prop to fill the top 30.
anothe factor is crichton dispensation may allow us an extra player too.

Im only weary at screwing up next years cap at this stage.

The ultimate point is who cares if we are asking Penrith to pay 50% or 10% of Napa’s salary this year
.It makes no difference to us this year. Our only concern is if we have enough prop depth to get through 2021. Now that Britt and Stimson are in the prop game, I think we do.
Britt was solid on the weekend in reggies but needs to translate that to first grade, likewise Stimson. Napa as we all know was useless.We have 6 props on our books , 3 hookers, 9 second rowers, none designated as lock. Some of them are either not ready for grade or would at another club be considered depth only.
Penrith have to sign two players to complete their 30 man roster. They currently have 13 backs ( 2 fullbacks, 4 centres, 2 wingers, 3 five eighths, two halves) and 15 forwards ( 3 locks, 6 second rowers, 2 hookers and 4 props) . This is probably why they want us to pay most of the Napa money and also Burton's money so they can sign better players than what they may be entitled to.

Stuff them I say..when they bang on about wanting to retain juniors etc. and offloading contracted players like Mansour , Lawrie and Whare to do so....they are short a player or two and won't want second raters, hence they need cap space to complete their signings....

PENRITH PANTHERS

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 2

• Billy Burns -2nd row
  • Matt Burton-five eighth/half
  • Kurt Capewell- 2nd row
  • Nathan Cleary -half
  • Stephen Crichton-centre
  • Dylan Edwards- fullback
  • Matt Eisenhuth - Lock
  • James Fisher-Harris- Prop
  • J'Maine Hopgood-lock
  • Robert Jennings -wing
  • Mitch Kenny- Hooker
  • Viliame Kikau- 2nd row
  • Apisai Koroisau - Hooker
  • Spencer Leniu - Prop
  • Moses Leota- Prop
  • Jarome Luai -five eighth
  • Liam Martin -2nd row
  • Tyrone May -five eighth
  • Taylan May-centre
  • Paul Momirovski-centre
  • Brent Naden - centre
  • Jaeman Salmon-five eighth
  • Lindsay Smith-Prop
  • Scott Sorensen- 2nd row
  • Charlie Staines fullback
  • Izack Tago- 2nd row
  • Brian To'o - wing
  • Isaah Yeo - Lock
DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Shannon Harris

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Fuck off Nasheed. You know he played like a busted asshole but you're just being a troll trying to get a bite out of everyone after another disappointing loss. You really are a fuckwit
Well said

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's being shopped around you'd think he'd want to lift to impress his new club. There was a rumour from Buzz about a $700K origin player being shopped around with little interest from potential suitors. It's probably Napa so you'd think playing like a cat wouldn't be good for him if he wants to play NRL next year
Maybe he just can’t help himself and that is the best he can do.... lol jokes aside who knows but if Trent wants respect from the fans he should do the right thing and drop him. Take the hit this year and don’t RE sign him. The guy is prob the biggest flop the club has purchased behind trex and woods

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe he just can’t help himself and that is the best he can do.... lol jokes aside who knows but if Trent wants respect from the fans he should do the right thing and drop him. Take the hit this year and don’t RE sign him. The guy is prob the biggest flop the club has purchased behind trex and woods
maybe he cant because that would effect the burton swap? just a theory

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe he cant because that would effect the burton swap? just a theory
Yea prob... I guess could be anything or he could just be kicking stones knowing his nrl days are over. If rumours are true and it’s Napa getting shopped around for half the price and still no one wanting him... would completely destroy your confidence and motivation

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seems like Napa hasn’t got passion for the jumper. He needs to go asap
or for his NRL career, who's seriously going to want him after us? No one. I mean if he's genuinely finished and got nothing left to give (what it looks like) I can't really blame him at that point.