Napa or Klemmer?

Malla

Reaction score
No thanks.

No pussy whipped d̶o̶g̶s̶ knights in my team

Napa, IMO, was not what we needed. We have props. Yes, he brings aggression. But what he doesn't bring in abundance, is consistent metres per game.

It was a panic purchase. But he's a dog now, so he has my utmost support.
I think overall Napa is a better teammate than Klemmer. Doesn’t seem as serious and is good for the young guys. What people should really consider is Napa is on at least 500k less than Klemmer and gives us the same output.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We haven't really messed Klemmer tbh, he had one of the slowest play the balls in the comp.

However we probably didn't really need Napa either, but i'd prefer him over Klemmer given he is half as expensive

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer was a huge metre eater, but one dimensional
It was always one out, very rarely an offload or quick play the ball
It’s no coincidence that the knights attack has stagnated at times when his taking heaps of hit ups
Knights only try against tigers was Klemmer going to line then passing
Defence was like “what the fuck was that”
You want to get out of red zone his your man
You want a dangerous forward who breaks tackles, offloads, even a step
Look elsewhere

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa seems like a more genuine bloke, thats pretty obvious though, would rather have him beside me an know he’s loyal and has my back..!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think overall Napa is a better teammate than Klemmer. Doesn’t seem as serious and is good for the young guys. What people should really consider is Napa is on at least 500k less than Klemmer and gives us the same output.
You're probably right - Ideally, I think very few props are worth that 500k+ mark.

Klemmer is just metre eater, solid first up contact, and great leg drive to generate post contact metres. I personally think Napa falls short in all these categories when you stack him up against Klemmer.

That being said, I would rather have Napa right now, given how the ordeal shaped last season. DK wants to play finals footy - good luck to him. Funny - 23 rounds in, and were in the exact same position, despite a star-studded roster.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Considering Klemmer is on twice the money that Napa is on I think it's an easy decision. Klemmer's production has dropped this year compared to last anyway and the Knights will probably feel ripped off.

Malla

Reaction score
You're probably right - Ideally, I think very few props are worth that 500k+ mark.

Klemmer is just metre eater, solid first up contact, and great leg drive to generate post contact metres. I personally think Napa falls short in all these categories when you stack him up against Klemmer.

That being said, I would rather have Napa right now, given how the ordeal shaped last season. DK wants to play finals footy - good luck to him. Funny - 23 rounds in, and were in the exact same position, despite a star-studded roster.
They're just different players but when you stack them up against each other it just doesnt seem right to have Klemmer getting paid that coin. Look at other front rower who are doing more than Klemmer and getting paid a lot less. I think this was for sure a stupid signing from Knights. Oh well.... our gain their loss lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
with all things considered I think im still happy with the transaction .. paying 1 million for klemmer is just plain dumb and the club was right not to match that dumb offer.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with all things considered I think im still happy with the transaction .. paying 1 million for klemmer is just plain dumb and the club was right not to match that dumb offer.
Paying anything over 700k should get you a genuine game breaker and paying a million should get you a player who can win you games on their own. Klemmer is worth 550k max for what he is.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Klemmer part of the player group agitating against Brown....does he have a propensity to be involved in troublemaking at clubs?

Grads

Waterboy
Reaction score
Klemmer part of the player group agitating against Brown....does he have a propensity to be involved in troublemaking at clubs?
Yeah how’s the blokes form. Has been there less than a year and is throwing stones about the coach. Sounds as piss poor as the alleged “family issues” that he was having $$$$$$$

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Napa isn't the best prop in the world I know but once he put on our jersey he became one of us. Fuck Klemmer for leaving when we needed him most, David Klemmer can eat a colossal bag of dicks.

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy for Klemmer to be gone. He was involved in disruptive behind-the-scenes stuff with us and looks like he’s doing it again at Newcastle. Seems the type to have a disruptive Robbie Farah type influence wherever he goes. Napa hasn’t set the world on fire but he played great against Parra.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m happy for Klemmer to be gone. He was involved in disruptive behind-the-scenes stuff with us and looks like he’s doing it again at Newcastle. Seems the type to have a disruptive Robbie Farah type influence wherever he goes. Napa hasn’t set the world on fire but he played great against Parra.
IF Napa keeps it up, he offers us more of the kind of middle we need.

Drama Queen Klem can stay at Drugcastle.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
just goes to show, things aren't always what they seem with players and unless you are in the inner sanctum you'll never know certain things..

Moral of the story, don't always take things on face value