Napa or Klemmer?

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ask their teammates.

Klemmer was known for not responding to teammates’ texts and calls and keeping to himself away from footy.

Napa’s always been one of the boys, doing anything (to his detriment) for a laugh, and loyal as hell.

Cooper Cronk said of Napa last year:
"He's got a big heart and he's very friendly but, come game day, he becomes fierce and really intimidating. The most inspiring thing is he's a front-rower who can be physically intimidating in the middle third ... His desire to do whatever it takes for his teammates is unparalleled almost.''

I know which bloke I’d want and trust beside me.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I 100% agree with you in fact you stole my thunder, nearly word for word and also lets not forget that Napa actually owns a Bulldog.
Grate minds think alike lol.
Saw that recently on Insta. how good is that. Now that a committed team player

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i don't miss klemmer spinning around, not offloading and being put on his back with a 1min play the ball

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So is it now safe to say that considering Klemmer wanted out and was toxic at the club, the Bulldogs administration did the next best thing in this situation and bought Napa?

Regardless that they are different players, I personally think Napa adds more value to the team moving forward than someone who just makes meters and slows down our attack.

From the moment Klemmer takes a hit up you can actually make yourself a cup of tea and toasted sandwich before he plays the ball for the next play....lol

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only one concern for me about Napa is his agility. If this can improve with more game time which will improve his fitness level, then I'm happy. If he can play to 80% of last weeks game consistently, even better.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa....he is intimidating in D and no doubt other props a looking out for him, nobody wants to be on a Napa highlight vid. He gives the other forwards confidence and he also has some offense, runs good lines and great decoys
I think a lot of people dont want to be in Napa videos [emoji6]

Malla

Reaction score
I think a Klemmer is a certain type of front rower that isn’t like Napa. Tbh Klemmer is just your no frills front rower that hits the ball up and nothing more. For the right team and system he’s great. We needed more from that position with Tolman there who does the same shit as Klemmer, however is a better defender

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So is it now safe to say that considering Klemmer wanted out and was toxic at the club, the Bulldogs administration did the next best thing in this situation and bought Napa?

Regardless that they are different players, I personally think Napa adds more value to the team moving forward than someone who just makes meters and slows down our attack.

From the moment Klemmer takes a hit up you can actually make yourself a cup of tea and toasted sandwich before he plays the ball for the next play....lol
Club did the right thing and we can all see it now, but we should of gotten more compensation from the Knights. Fuck those guys and the pennies they rode in on talking to our contracted players before their able to. If they did it to any other club the outrage would of been massive.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope we beat the knights . Can gurantee Napa will wanna line Klemmer up did u notice he says things to them when he tackles ? What a legend I loved him being a Queenslander and he seems proud to be a dog

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1mil vs 500k.

Is one worth double the other? No.
The other big thing with that price tags comes the fans expectations.

They’re not getting Taumalolo type performances from Klemmer and sooner or later the fans will be giving it to him.

They’ll be asking why they have so much $$ locked up in a front rower.

At least when a Klemmer was with us, we all had his back....he needs to earn that at The Knights.

Good luck with that!

He’s part of our past now and Napa is already part of the Bulldog fabric and will form a key part of our future...

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally it's not close, Klemmer.

Napa is solid, I just question and still do question the need for him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing with Klemmer is you go into every game and you know what you are going to get and that is plenty of meters and solid defence.

Napa is no where near as consistent and won't get you as many meters but has a bit of X factor with more flare in his game.

They are both good players it all comes down to what skill set the team needs more.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can I have both?