Official Napa facing 4 week ban, Hetherington 3 weeks

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa, Thomson and Hetherington all have similar issues in defence - one of them is just throwing an arm out in what appears as a desperate attempt to tackle - unless players run into them there is rarely good shoulder contact
Is it because they have poor lateral movement, or lack of confidence in the players either side of them, jsut straight up poor defenders or is it a defensive system issue. Was evident before the new rules but is worse with speed in attack now. Any insights?
Self fulfilling prophecy by the refs, they cane the shit out of us early in the game with set restart after set restart and then when that isn't enough they throw in a penalty or two just to be sure. With the constant non stop defence the players get fatigued and make mistakes and then the refs cane the shit out of us some more.

Always a Bulldog

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Self fulfilling prophecy by the refs, they cane the shit out of us early in the game with set restart after set restart and then when that isn't enough they throw in a penalty or two just to be sure. With the constant non stop defence the players get fatigued and make mistakes and then the refs cane the shit out of us some more.

Always a Bulldog
Would having more depth in quality middles make a difference - at times it seems our better middle forwards (Jackson Thomsona re left on the field too long and get incredibly fatigued - trick is to interchange before the fatigue kicks in too much.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Problem with the new crackdown on head shots is its too sensitive. I agree suspend players for intentional or reckless shots they could have avoided doing. But players are now being sidelined for players falling into peoples shoulders. A player lines up to tackle someone, then last second the player with the ball falls, probably by being tackled by someone else, and they faceplate into someone's arm or shoulder. Thats not even a penalty for me.

You should not get punished for something you couldn't avoid.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Problem with the new crackdown on head shots is its too sensitive. I agree suspend players for intentional or reckless shots they could have avoided doing. But players are now being sidelined for players falling into peoples shoulders. A player lines up to tackle someone, then last second the player with the ball falls, probably by being tackled by someone else, and they faceplate into someone's arm or shoulder. Thats not even a penalty for me.

You should not get punished for something you couldn't avoid.
A lot of fund raising for the NRL here too. I'm surprised the NRLPA hasn't been on to that especially for basic income players.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s see how long CHN gets for his shot compared to what our lads got for nothing (I know there’s carry over points and everything but interested to see)

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t like Nappa as a player but his penalty the same as last nights is a farce. The hit by CHN was by far worse. And rather Nappa penalty should been less or his worse by far. And considering Thompson and Hethringtons should not have got a mention. This is a disgrace.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
4 weeks he got how can that be only 1 week more than Thompson’s hit
Thompson got 2weeks for his tackle. 3 weeks as he appealed and lost.

But yeah, CHN = hit with high amount of force, direct contact with head (e.g. didn’t bounce up from the ball/arm).

Thompson: late frontal bump with low force, no head contact.

If that’s how they look at the tackles, which is exactly what happened, and the corresponding weeks are applied, then the systems broke and needs to be reviewed and re worked.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thompson got 2weeks for his tackle. 3 weeks as he appealed and lost.

But yeah, CHN = hit with high amount of force, direct contact with head (e.g. didn’t bounce up from the ball/arm).

Thompson: late frontal bump with low force, no head contact.

If that’s how they look at the tackles, which is exactly what happened, and the corresponding weeks are applied, then the systems broke and needs to be reviewed and re worked.
Also no wrapping action with the arm..

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol nrl is the most biased run organisation ever. Give the teams who can have a crack in finals the rub. We have been on shit end of penalties and calls all year and suspensions. Fucking joke

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are removing all aggression from the game!
Imagine if Shrek and Mason were playing the game today??
They would be sent off every game!
The NRL has become touch football....look at the games back in the 89s...aggression, speed and skills...but what do these brainless people at the NRL do....they have taken out all the aggression out of the game and implemented rules that have ruined the fabric of the game...the NRL is more entertains.? I don’t even know that I’m watching a contact sport