Name a Random NRL Player

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Karmichael Hunt.

I only say that, as I passed him at Toombul shopping centre this afternoon.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
John Timu.

Guy burst onto the scene around Super League time, and was never seen again.

A mate of mine was signed to the Dogs (out of high school) at the end of 1995 when both sides were paying stupid money to secure players, and all the rest of use kept asking him was about Timu.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Grew up hearing this ****** name over the radio.. Him and Rodwell were near invincible through the speaker lol
Dean Schifilliti. The spaghetti brothers.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
John Timu.

A mate of mine was signed to the Dogs (out of high school) at the end of 1995 when both sides were paying stupid money to secure players, and all the rest of use kept asking him was about Timu.
He played 3 years for us then went to England. He actually came from a Rugby background and played for the Highlanders. He was 26 when he joined us so he wasn't a young kid or anything like that.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He played 3 years for us then went to England. He actually came from a Rugby background and played for the Highlanders. He was 26 when he joined us so he wasn't a young kid or anything like that.
True, he did come to the Dogs late in his sporting career, but he arrived in Australia as a nobody (unless you followed English Rugby). Exciting player to watch too.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
John Timu.

Solid player.. was a special guest at a league knock out comp when I was 10.. was my of my favz and should have had a longer career.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Helped us win that 95 gf.. by memory his stats flr that gf were abnormal for a centre. I think he racked up close to 50 tackles.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Two guys that would have become some of the best ever if they stayed in oz league..

David Solomona and Ali Lautiti.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Two guys that would have become some of the best ever if they stayed in oz league..

David Solomona and Ali Lautiti.
Big Ali. Tha guy was special. It's a shame he didn't continue in the NRL. But then again, smart cookie.