My thoughts on why SBW won't even get more money in france

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, The best rugby player in the world (or believed to be) gets one million a season, This is the Jonathon Thurston/ Lockyer Equivalent of Union, So no way would SBW get 300k more than him let alone match his contract.

SBW has heaps of sponsors in Aus, He's a relative unknown in France = less sponsors if any at all for that matter, also less jerseys sold form his name like he would sell because of him here, so I don't see why toloun would pay him even 800k based on that.

Third, I think this has only happened because Nasser wasn't getting a cut of the pie so he brainwashed SBW into getting a new contract ala go to France.

So in essence, SBW chose nasser over The club the nurtured and made him what he is.

A DOG ACT​
i agree 100%

North Shore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys, you have underestimated the cunning of NASSER

There is no way in the world $BW did what he did if he wasnt getting big dollars

I think he has already signed, The contract may say 600,000 on it but he will get the balance elsewhere.

viking63

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Reaction score
Is it better to support another club who does have all these issues?
Apart from winning the Comp in 2004 the last 10 years as been bad.

K

kennyy

Firstly, The best rugby player in the world (or believed to be) gets one million a season, This is the Jonathon Thurston/ Lockyer Equivalent of Union, So no way would SBW get 300k more than him let alone match his contract.

SBW has heaps of sponsors in Aus, He's a relative unknown in France = less sponsors if any at all for that matter, also less jerseys sold form his name like he would sell because of him here, so I don't see why toloun would pay him even 800k based on that.

Third, I think this has only happened because Nasser wasn't getting a cut of the pie so he brainwashed SBW into getting a new contract ala go to France.

So in essence, SBW chose nasser over The club the nurtured and made him what he is.

A DOG ACT​

dude u r the biggest tool going round here, stop typing

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
The worse thing he did was walk out on the club. He has no bargaining power so he won't command the money that has been talked about in the news papers. Toloun know he doesn't want to be here so they can cut his asking price which is what has happened.
Exactly!! Which makes me think - maybe money wasn't a huge factor in the leaving. Looks like he just doesn't want to play NRL anymore. He would have realised the way he walked out would have lost him his bargaining power and there would be no way of returning to NRL. He has decided Union was what he wanted and the best game for him to play (not that I watch the game - but from what I've picked up there is less work for the players) - but for FFS he could have done it all so much better with a little bit of paitence.

Status
Not open for further replies.