My thoughts on why SBW won't even get more money in france

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazem_el_magic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Firstly, The best rugby player in the world (or believed to be) gets one million a season, This is the Jonathon Thurston/ Lockyer Equivalent of Union, So no way would SBW get 300k more than him let alone match his contract.

SBW has heaps of sponsors in Aus, He's a relative unknown in France = less sponsors if any at all for that matter, also less jerseys sold form his name like he would sell because of him here, so I don't see why toloun would pay him even 800k based on that.

Third, I think this has only happened because Nasser wasn't getting a cut of the pie so he brainwashed SBW into getting a new contract ala go to France.

So in essence, SBW chose nasser over The club the nurtured and made him what he is.

A DOG ACT​

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
It is a cover up to take the heat off him. He will be getting big coin over there.

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he will come back to league and play for the roosters, u wait and see.

a handsomely paid rooster just left for the shire, he needs to be replaced

cant wait to hear what gould says from a pre taped interview on the footy show tonight

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score

cant wait to hear what gould says from a pre taped interview on the footy show tonight
Talk about the long road....LMFAO.

TOOL

Lt. Col. Speirs
Reaction score
I can just imagine what the Toulon CEO is thinking: "This young SWB is a great athlete... had the potential to become one of the greatest forwards in League history... would no doubt have captained both the Bulldogs & NZ one day... he'll increase our number of female fans... I might even introduce him to my daughter... BUT HANG ON... he's payed only how many games in the last 4-5 years? and he's never played Union before? and his club stuck by him through ALL the injuries, ALL the off-field crap, and what does he do? He walks out on them...? Walked out on his team mates, his fans...? And I'm gonna have to deal with this knob-rot Nasser from now on...."

If the Toulon CEO had any respectability as a human being, he'd sit down with Sonny and say: "Listen here, kid. Go back home. Talk to your club, your coach, your team-mates. Sort this out properly, like a man. Come back here when you have some dignity."

But then again, they are French...

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
Well maybe he just left because he see no future in the NRL?? or Rugby League.. And wants to play in an international sport..

Who came up with the $3mil 2 year contract number??? Telecrap? I dont believe he said a single word so far..

hazem_el_magic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well maybe he just left because he see no future in the NRL?? or Rugby League.. And wants to play in an international sport..

Who came up with the $3mil 2 year contract number??? Telecrap? I dont believe he said a single word so far..
That's bull****, As if any club in france would give him 300k more than the best player in rugby...

viking63

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Reaction score
Hi all who are the Dogs going to sign to take the place of SBW?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I heard Paul Kent on Fox sports say that Umaga and Gregan werent getting paid more then 600 for Toulon when they were contracted. Its very hard to believe Sonny Bill will be getting 1.5mill as his never played union before, nor is he known at all in France.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worse thing he did was walk out on the club. He has no bargaining power so he won't command the money that has been talked about in the news papers. Toloun know he doesn't want to be here so they can cut his asking price which is what has happened.

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The worse thing he did was walk out on the club. He has no bargaining power so he won't command the money that has been talked about in the news papers. Toloun know he doesn't want to be here so they can cut his asking price which is what has happened.
spot on.

hazem_el_magic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was goign to say that, SPOT ON, They know he can't come back, so they lured him into beliveing it was 3 million contract (or there abouts) but now he can't do ****, it's accept or nothing, now he'll realize what the dogs mean to him.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats if the NRL doesn't ban him for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.