Opinion My take on the 3 wooden spoons

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Are you kidding? What difference did it make? Were you around then? It tore the club apart & destroyed the season. Every game but one after he left were smashings. That alone tells a story.

If Des had deliberately set out to destroy the club, he couldn't have done a better job. He released quality players, he destroyed the cap, didn't do ANY junior development & left it in a position that has taken years to fix. I don't think Des is that stupid. He must have known what he was doing. Any idiot looking at what he was doing could see it was detrimental to the club.

Have a think about it. Don't do any junior development, back end contracts & over pay people, let go good quality juniors & make sure the players you release are the heart & soul of the club. Geez that's a good plan for success isn't it?

But if you think Des doesn't have any rugby league brains & the above was a good plan, then I've got a nice building in Canberra sitting on a hill to sell you.
It didn't tear the club apart, we had a poor squad. When you lose omeley, Mason, myles, asotasi, Sherwin, anasta and then sbw, and sign no one ofcourse we are going to get smashed.

Fact is if sbw stayed at the dogs we still would've finished near the bottom. You're just trying to make excuses to validate a spoon which is a poor way to look at things