My South American Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently spent three months in Sth America and thought I would put some pics up here.

Enjoy :grinning:

I'm sure most people recognise that one which is of course the Corvacado in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Getting up to it is a feat in itself. The road is very windy and you pass some of the dangerous shanty towns on the way. Its bloody huuge.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Iguazu Falls. One of the most spectacular sights in the World. It is at the boundary of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. We spent 2 days there including a speedboat ride where we went up into the face of the falls. Got absolutely drenched and have all of it on DVD. Bloody brilliant day. If you look closely you can see a bridge on the bottom left hand side (Argentina). We walked out onto that and got some awesome pics as well.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Machu Pichu. One of my favourite pictures and absolutely breathtaking. We did the Inca Trail which took about 3 and a half days. 44kms all up and we got as high as 4100 metres above sea-level. The second day was by far the hardest as we trekked 16km with a 2km ascent. One of the hardest things I've ever done but the porters who carried our equipment were nothing short of amazing. They would wait until we left camp, pack up our gear, run past us (and I mean run) and set up lunch. They would wait until we finished and left again before packing up and getting to the campsite so by the time we got there (and had Milo and popcorn for afternoon tea) the tents would be all set up. They worked so hard for not enough reward but I'd always buy a few of them a beer everynight (as well as tip them handsomely at the end).

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Obviously the same picture in colour. Waited for about an hour there to get the perfect picture as the clouds would come across in a matter of seconds and block the whole thing. Was hoping the tourists down the bottom would bugger off as well. Had Llamas walking around the place which made it even more surreal. Taste quite good as well :grinning:

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh my god you are so lucky! i've always wanted to go to rio.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is Rio De Janeiro looking down from the infamous Sugarloaf mountain. Was even more spectacular at night. We had a few beers up there and watched the sunset. Life doesn't get any better than that folks !

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love this pic. This was taken in the Peruvian Desert. We had been sandboarding the whole afternoon and it was one of the best days of my life. Never had so much fun. These buggies would absolutely hammer through the sand dunes. A few times I thought we were going to roll for sure. Had some great stacks going down these huge sand dunes.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is one of the Oasis' in the desert where we started from before going sandboarding. Was a truly weird place. Had its own man-made lake but as you can see there was nothing but desert around it.

After that day we actually camped in the desert which was awesome. We sandboarded into our campsite where we were greeted with numerous shots of Pisco sour which is made up of some form of alcohol and egg whites (I think). Got quite hammered and a few of the boys set up a plan to go sandboarding in the pitch black later that night. Was hard work walking up the hill after a few too many but worth the 10 seconds of adrenalin rush as you were coming down the hill and couldn't see anything.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How ugly is this Dog ? Some breed of hairless dog in Peru.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the famous Salt Flats of Uyuni, Bolivia. So so bright. Had to wear sunglasses as it was brighter than snow. We tried a few things out (after stealing some utensils from the hotel). This one came up alright.

Had a photo with all the boys in it standing on these hills with our arms stretched out. After that we all turned around and got the girls to take one with our arses hanging out.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We stayed on Lake Titicaca with some locals and here is a few of them selling crafts. Such a culture shock. Had to eat 5 different varieties of potato for dinner. Whilst we were in the kitchen helping out (outdoor building with dirt and a fireplace) we could hear this noise like some kind of animal. We asked what it was and she said she breeds guinea pigs to eat. In places like Ecuador they had "Guinea Pig" day where you could get a Guinea Pig in the street, on a stick with everything still intact, for $2. Only thing I never tried.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And the last is of my new tattoo I got done in Lima, Peru. It obviously represents the places I have lived in my travels in Ireland, Scotland and Canada with the best Country of all smack bang in the middle. I absolutely love it although I had no tan when this was taken :grinning:

When I was in Canada a young guy, who I worked with, would often be doodling and he said he was into tattoos. I asked him if he could design me one and told him what I had in mind and this is what he drew up. Wasn't 100% sure I would actually get it done but carried it around with me just incase.

So our driver from South Africa got one in this place in Lima and I was impressed with the quality and of course the price. He said it was as clean as you could get so I went down there the next day to check it out. They didn't speak much English but they showed me around and showed that everything is packaged with numbers etc. I showed them what I want and haggled with them and got it done for US$70 (took 2 hours). The guy who did it spoke no English so when it came to doing the colours I had to point at certain colours in the room to show him what I wanted. He was pretty young but did a good job.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats mad.
Did you take any pics of S A babes lol

I tell you what. The babes in Brazil and Argentina are overrated !! Might seem a bit odd but it seemed, that apart from Bolivia, the more North we travelled the better the chicks got. Some real good sorts in Ecuador and Peru. Did some some good g-bangers at Copacabana though !!

M

Mr Miyagi

And the last is of my new tattoo I got done in Lima, Peru. It obviously represents the places I have lived in my travels in Ireland, Scotland and Canada with the best Country of all smack bang in the middle. I absolutely love it although I had no tan when this was taken :grinning:

When I was in Canada a young guy, who I worked with, would often be doodling and he said he was into tattoos. I asked him if he could design me one and told him what I had in mind and this is what he drew up. Wasn't 100% sure I would actually get it done but carried it around with me just incase.

So our driver from South Africa got one in this place in Lima and I was impressed with the quality and of course the price. He said it was as clean as you could get so I went down there the next day to check it out. They didn't speak much English but they showed me around and showed that everything is packaged with numbers etc. I showed them what I want and haggled with them and got it done for US$70 (took 2 hours). The guy who did it spoke no English so when it came to doing the colours I had to point at certain colours in the room to show him what I wanted. He was pretty young but did a good job.
Good to seee a guy who gets a tattoo that actualy means something

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As opposed to armbands ;)

Dont worry I have a tattoo of a horny devil. It sort of means something ;)

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awesome pics Hodgo!

Looks like you saw some things that most people only dream of! I havent been O.S for over 3 years now ffs!

The tat looks good too. My mate got a tat like that with the maple leaf when he lived in Canada. He got it on his ankle, but now he's over it and wants to get it lasered off.

Status
Not open for further replies.