My Son's soul is on the line in tonight's game

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having moved the family back to Newcastle, my son (6) has declared he is going for the Knights (just to stir me)

He flip flops back and forth between the Dogs and the Knights.

But he has declared whoever wins tonights game is the team he is going to support.

There is more on the line Tonight than just a game.
Just tell him he had an older brother who played the same game & that you had to sacrifice him for the good of the family.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s only 6, surely you haven’t grown too attached. If the knights win and he declares his allegiance to them, tell him that he is adopted, throw a few things in a bag and drop him off at the bus stop and move on with your life mate. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Having moved the family back to Newcastle, my son (6) has declared he is going for the Knights (just to stir me)

But he has declared whoever wins tonights game is the team he is going to support.

Is that you David Klemmer?

Seriously my sons the same with the Roosters of all teams...so best of luck!

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an impressionable 6 year old in 2006 and being from tiger territory much to my bulldog mad father I was a tigers fan as they’d just won the comp. I went to a game with my dad and best friend and his father who were both tigers fans i was wearing a tigers shirt.
It ended up being the night mark o’Meley knocked Bryce Gibbs out cold and the doggies put the cleaners through Wests. I went home in a dogs shirt and the rest is history

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
6 years of mediocre we will lose lots of young fans...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just belt the boy old school style, kids don't like pain eh

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your son is a smart boy

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I am sorry for your loss. Might as well cut him out of your will then.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

a long time ago, a young footballer, a soccer player, excitedly announced to his father that he had received a contract offer from one of the two biggest football clubs in the city, in the country in fact... the father of course supported the other club and told his son to enjoy sleeping at the stadium IF he signed for the rival club... the kid ended up rejecting the offer, signed a junior contract with his father's club and ended up setting a record with the club for appearances

sometimes it is simply about the right motivation

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Play him the replay of the game in 2002 when Hazem kicked that goal from the sideline to beat them up there. haha, I still remember joey johns reaction. (Sorry, I'm sure there's better quality youtubes out there than this one.)

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The

The real winner was the Ref, tell your son to support Cummins