my rant on things

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
we have all read so much on mason,shifty and all the other bullshhhit that goes with being a bulldogs supporter....but i still thought id have my say..

first things first..
say goodbye to our premiership front row,,,i cant believe we couldnt afford to keep ANY of them,,,management should be looking at themselves here befor blameing greed by the players...i cant believe all the doggies front rowers are still running around but in different colours.
pricey,myles,feeney,grimaldi,scott,mason,asotasi,omeley,hughes thats alot of CAPABLE front row tallent to loose in a couple of years to not be able to afford to keep some of them...

second,,
time for ryan to start talking on the feild,,mason as much as everyone has a opinion at the moment of him was a talker on the field and also led by example...he and shrek knew how to get the boys reved up on the field...time for others to step up in there in there absence and i for one thing ryan should show whos boss on the field...

third,,
managent needs to spend our freed up cash wisely..it would have been good if we knew mason was going when we had a chance with all the players on the open market instead of only getting the scaps at the wrong end of the negtiation market...

fourth,,
lets looking forward to this re building stage because in 2008 we will un-earth some talent that will make the world "go who the fuuck is he"...every one is going on about 2009..we may have had some talent leave and some un expected players leave in the off season,,but to step into the shoes will be some passionate players that may not have had the chance if they stayed..

fifth and final..
attention bulldogs management...as we all know over the past 5 years we have lost ALOT of playes and ALOT of tallent...we now only have one real big name player on the big bucks(sbw),,lets keep this team together now for a few years and see what they are capable of,,we as supporters are sick of loosing gun players every year,,we lost since noad was in charge

thurston,price,feeney,scott,hughes,harris,lolesi to free up money at the end of 2004..

then in 2005 we still loose anasta to free up money

2006 we lose asotasi,conn and grimaldi

2007 after loosing all these players we cant afford to keep omeley and perry.
then mason and shifty leave...

2008 we better only gain tallent becuase by 2007 we only lost players because we couldnt afford them not from the players chasing the money and with these figures i didnt put in all the young tallent we lost..

so there it is...
my bullshhit imput on the matter..
some agree and some disagree

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
sixth and final - i've now heard each of these points about 251 times in the past 2 weeks.

W

Willie Talol'd

2ndly, Grimaldi is still at the dogs, not running around at all.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh he forgot to mention Charlie Tonga in the front row talent tbh

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also Ruahihi.
Good points coastal dog. Its time people see that our clubs managment might not be as good as we first thought it was.

If the club is serious they would look right NOW to extend the contract of Koups and Te Maari before the season starts. They are proven performers.

We didnt take the oppurtunity to extend the contract of Asotasi beyond 06 in 2005 when his manager approached the club, and we know what happened. By the time 06 came around his price jumped to 400K plus

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The club had little to do with any of them leaving. When you have a successful team the players all improve in value and basic math with tell you that means you have to shed some players sometimes. PLayers will get offered much more money than we can afford to give them sometimes, and when this dif has 5 zeros on it, it can be hard to ignore. Melbourne will lose players from being so successful too, and already have. Imagine losing a Folau as they probably will?

I cant blame sherwin chasing the big ESL bucks coz he doesnt have like 10 years left in NRL has he, and they offered him 3 years and we offered 1. Would you agree with the board if they gave him 3 on this years form?

Mason is the only one who left on unusual circumstances (ie not normal player shuffling in NRL), and i blame Mase for that.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
fifth and final..
attention bulldogs management...as we all know over the past 5 years we have lost ALOT of playes and ALOT of tallent...we now only have one real big name player on the big bucks(sbw),,lets keep this team together now for a few years and see what they are capable of,,we as supporters are sick of loosing gun players every year,,we lost since noad was in charge
actually thats a good point... that kind of hit me... who do we really have left?

its time in 08 that we do unleash some of our juniors like tamati nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.