My Last Thread - The Definition Of Choke

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
no way the eels choked last year though, they were defeated by the storm.

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs supporters are chokers ..... Michael Hutchence style chokers.

:flipa:

Shawty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey People,

Ok last post, I know when im not wanted. Thought you guys might want some good humoured and constructive footy talk and thanks to all the guys that have. But alot dont know much about the footy and go about the threads leaving personal attacks and basless comments about teams and their supporters. This is abit strange as they complain of victimisation from other fans and media about the same thing.

I just want to educate some of your before I go about the word choking and how it is used in footy terms. It generally means a team being big favourites to win a game or leading by a substantial amount and then letting the pressure of the situation get to them, resulting in them under performing and ultimatly losing.

Parramatta have choked 4 times since 1986. In 1998 Vs Bulldogs up 18-2 with 13mins to go. In 1999 Vs Storm up 16-6 at halftime. 2001 Vs Knewcatle big favourites losing 30-24. 2005 Vs Cowboys big favourites losing 29-0. Alot of people here think just because Parra lose they have choked, I know I wont change the small minded opinion but it is fact that those are the only times we have choked. Last year it was 8th Vs Minor Premiers, this year 5th Vs Minor Premiers. How can those loses equate to chokes?

Obviously ignorance is bliss for alot of you, but open your minds and realise that your team is just as bad in the choking stakes. You only have to look at the last two years; 2007 Vs Eels big favourites losing 25-6. 2006 Vs Broncos big favourites with halftime lead. Congratulations on the premiership wins in 1995 and 2004, and I really do mean that. It was great fun celebrating in Belmore with my mates and dodging sideways tilted fireworks. However the Bulldogs have (along with Brisbane) had the strongest team in the competition in most of that time. Do you really think with such a team and only winning 2 premierships in aprox 20 years that you have been choke free?

Anyway there is no doubt that the small minded individuals in here will reply with a 'choke' or '21/22 years and won **** all' comment. But the educated and league knowledgeable will agree that the last two years Parra has done reasonably well in the finals with due regard to the team on paper and position on the ladder, while the doggies have done the opposite.

Anyway I'll be back before the next DoggiesVsEels game for some more fun, until then; take care and enjoy the off season.
I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.