My hopes for the Army in '10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Before I begin .... one thing needs to be established.

I love you ALL - Every single damn last one of you.

And here's why : You're a Bulldogs fan.

Nothing more. Nothing less. It's the only criteria involved. If you don the blue'n'white .... I consider you "family". You dont even have to like me, or talk to me or even know me. I'll still repsect you like family.

See .... I know what it's like to be you. I know what it was like to be you in '08. And '06. And '04 ....... and ...... '02 ! And for the matter as far back as 1980 !

The good times (and they've been plenty of 'em). The bad times (and they've been plenty of them in recent years too). The tears of joy, and anger at the media. The triumph of '04 and the heartbreak of '02. The fall from grace to wooden spoon in '08, and the resurrection orchestrated by Kevvy and Todd in '09.

You may not have been a member before. Or gone to many games. But that dont matter to me one iota - I know for a fact we've bled together. Cried together. Hurt together. Cheered together. Read the bullsh*t together and faced the taunts of inbreds opposition together !

If you do go to games it'd likely we've Hi-5'd together. Said "F*ck You" to Roosters and Dragons fans together. Waved flags, sang songs and poked fun at all sorts of people together too !

Looking back - 2009 was exactly the year we "needed" to lift the spirits of those hiding in the shadows.

Looking forward - 2010 will see more of us emerge from the darkness and embrace their inner Bulldog again.

This very site is the meeting point for what is the best brigade of fans in the whole NRL !!! - The other clubs hate us because the other clubs ain't us ! It's that f*cking simple !

Our Army has become an island of refuge for many, and it is my hope that in 2010 the Army can unite under the leadership of it's elder-Generals.

On the back of a successful season I had the best experiences in a lifetime as a Bulldog fan by virtue of the fact I attended 11 games and came here so much. (I can only image what 2004 was like here ... it was before my time)

We chant. We shout. We laugh at the expense of the opposition. We're creative in our support. We hug each other with reckless abandon when we're winning in a fit of bromance. We're relentlessly in teh ear of other teams for 80mins and I'm sure players from other teams "hate" being within earshot of our merry-band-of-smart-asses !!

In 2010, I hope it's the same ..... but welcoming and accepting to the noobs who choose to join us too.

We should guide them.
Shake their hands when you meet a new face.
Give a warm smile like they're "family".
Have a quick chat ....

You a Bulldog fan ? I'm a Bulldog fan.
You having a good time among friends ?
I'm having a good time among friends too !

Take those hundreds of noobies under your wing !
Teach them. Show them. Tell them whats expected and what's not tolerated. Send them here too so they can get to know us all a bit better and get filled in quicker. Be the "good 1st impression" !!! I'm expecting to meet dozens this year and I cant wait ! I'll be saying "Where have you been ? Welcome !"

If you do that ... and you do it right .... you'll be immortal in the eyes of at least one Bulldogs fan. And you'll have done your bit for the ongoing success of the Army.

:D

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
we are not worthy
we are not worthy
*bows*

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if i come will you guys like me?
If you don't come to at least 1 game this year and introduce yourself to the army, I'm going to ban you......permanantly. :D

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
also, someone to supply the army *cough*or just me*cough* with chocolate... you know, as a sugar high... to amplify the intensity in the screaming... and stuff..

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Expected this to have numerous pages of replies today......

Well written captain ;)

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I begin .... one thing needs to be established.

I love you ALL - Every single damn last one of you.
Oh my God!

A man, a straight man, telling me he loves me. :blush: :blush:

Unfortunately that doesn't happen often. :o

Anyway, brilliant thread CK. I hope all Kennellers and the Club itself realise what a wonderful asset to the Army you are. :grinning:

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nicee but its too fun to bait the noobs and call them niff nuffs dunno if i can give that up and be friendly:p

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
Nicee but its too fun to bait the noobs and call them niff nuffs dunno if i can give that up and be friendly:p
Just tease them for the first half, a bit of hazing never hurt anyone.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Awesome piece champ. So pumped for the start of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.