My gorgeous 17 year old dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The wife and i have painfully decided we have to put our gorgeous little dog "daisy" down tomorrow,she has a tumour on the brain and while its the right thing probably the hardest thing ive had to do,you get attached and love them so much,totally gutted to be honest

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hugs to your family, I know how difficult it is.

It is the right thing to do, but so heartbreaking.

Just remember all the good times you had with Daisy.

Hope this poem helps.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Author unknown

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So sorry to hear mate... and just after you came back from holidays?

What sort of dog was she?

Over the rainbow bridge Daisy... but the memories you've left behind will forever be cherished.

Our girl is 7 now and I can't bear to think about not having her around some day.... shes our fur baby (given we will never have kids), and our first dog.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The wife and i have painfully decided we have to put our gorgeous little dog "daisy" down tomorrow,she has a tumour on the brain and while its the right thing probably the hardest thing ive had to do,you get attached and love them so much,totally gutted to be honest
Mate I feel you pain I have a 14 year old staffy that has cancer and won't be long for this world tough decision to make but I love him to much to let him suffer.all the best

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate feel for ya, pets can well and truly become part of your family.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to hear mate, I'm dreading when it's time for my old boy! His only 7 and so good with my son! Fence pailing fell down one day while little fella was playing, and there's a nasty nipping biting jack Russell in block behind! So my dog went and sat between the hole in the fence and my young bloke so he wouldn't get nipped! Unreal how special our furry friends are!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hugs to your family, I know how difficult it is.

It is the right thing to do, but so heartbreaking.

Just remember all the good times you had with Daisy.

Hope this poem helps.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Author unknown
Thanks kaz

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear mate... and just after you came back from holidays?

What sort of dog was she?

Over the rainbow bridge Daisy... but the memories you've left behind will forever be cherished.

Our girl is 7 now and I can't bear to think about not having her around some day.... shes our fur baby (given we will never have kids), and our first dog.
Thanks mate yeah its heartbreaking shes a maltese/shitzu rescue dog but a little tart lol she had aseizure a month ago then got medication seemed to come good then had one on sat when i got back so we dont want her suffering anymore gunna be shit tomorrow been plenty of tears today tks

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I feel you pain I have a 14 year old staffy that has cancer and won't be long for this world tough decision to make but I love him to much to let him suffer.all the best
Thanks yeah its rough

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear mate, I'm dreading when it's time for my old boy! His only 7 and so good with my son! Fence pailing fell down one day while little fella was playing, and there's a nasty nipping biting jack Russell in block behind! So my dog went and sat between the hole in the fence and my young bloke so he wouldn't get nipped! Unreal how special our furry friends are!
That's amazing yes they r so loyal,thanks

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks mate yeah its heartbreaking shes a maltese/shitzu rescue dog but a little tart lol she had aseizure a month ago then got medication seemed to come good then had one on sat when i got back so we dont want her suffering anymore gunna be shit tomorrow been plenty of tears today tks
Sounds like she was hanging in there for you to come home and say goodbye :(

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You guys are gonna vilify me for this, but anyhow... put my dog down 2 years ago now.
He was crook for about a year and I couldn't watch him live in misery any longer. I took him for a walk out bush. He brightened up a little and walked away from me to fool around in the scrub. Once he was away from me a bit I shot him through the heart.
Toughest thing I ever did. Have tears welling up while I write this.
Anyhow I told my brother and he called me an effing ahole. I don't get it. If I took him to the vet, he would know. But the way it went, he didn't know anything. As a matter of fact he was really happy at the end, mucking around in the scrub and then boom-lights out.
I hate vets. I'll never give them another cent. They play on people's attachment to their pets. The vet will never put my dog down. If I can't do it, then I won't own a dog.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad for you @doggieaaron ... we have kept our golden retriever's dog collar, which was like a chain, on a low level of a book case since he passed away many many years ago. My parents still in the same house and all of us on occasions will hear the chain .. I guess it could be creepy, but it's not. We still miss him since the early 90's.

Hugs.

~c.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is a horrible thing to have to farewell your pet. But as you say its definitely for the best that they don't have to suffer. The best thing we can do for our pets is to give them the best life we can and part of that is making the tough decision to end their life without excessive pain.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad for you @doggieaaron ... we have kept our golden retriever's dog collar, which was like a chain, on a low level of a book case since he passed away many many years ago. My parents still in the same house and all of us on occasions will hear the chain .. I guess it could be creepy, but it's not. We still miss him since the early 90's.

Hugs.

~c.
No I understand my wife wants her ashes such a sad thing im struggling hard,tks

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is a horrible thing to have to farewell your pet. But as you say its definitely for the best that they don't have to suffer. The best thing we can do for our pets is to give them the best life we can and part of that is making the tough decision to end their life without excessive pain.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.