My Backline For trials Update.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taaffe or wilson
OK wow we have some options. I actually think Taaffe and Wilson as great young talents and I am glad we have them as options. They are young enough to develop into great top grade players but skilled enough to play some top grade when needed. I like Wilson from what I seen last year. He seemed to not only be elusive but strong and fast. Once he gets confidence could make a great fullback. Taaffe could be fullback or half.

The thing I like is that we are seeing more our our own young players in the mix with the likes of Kiraz, Wilson, Skelton and last year with Alamoti and Averillo and we have some more coming through. In the past we were pinning our hopes on other team development players like Allen, Cotric, Naden and to less extent Burns as I thought he was OK. But we now have a line of great backs coming through who are developed by us as Bulldogs and we will not need to depend on buying other teams players.

Last edited:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First name picked should be Skelton.

We have a powderpuff forward pack and desperately need a strong winger to give us some sort of chance to compete. Fox, Kiraz and Wilson are all good wingers but our middles suck ass. They need all the help they can get at the start of our sets. Otherwise it’s just rinse and repeat from the last 3 years when we get stuck on our line.

Of course he will concede tries with bad reads in defence. But who gives a fuck ??

At least he will charge over some pricks and entertain us.

And also Xerri at 5/8th is the dumbest idea I have heard since Lewis at lock.

Or Trump as PM

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First name picked should be Skelton.

We have a powderpuff forward pack and desperately need a strong winger to give us some sort of chance to compete. Fox, Kiraz and Wilson are all good wingers but our middles suck ass. They need all the help they can get at the start of our sets. Otherwise it’s just rinse and repeat from the last 3 years when we get stuck on our line.

Of course he will concede tries with bad reads in defence. But who gives a fuck ??

At least he will charge over some pricks and entertain us.

And also Xerri at 5/8th is the dumbest idea I have heard since Lewis at lock.

Or Trump as PM
Skelton missed opportunities to play FG this year through injury and suspension unfortunately ,it's gonna be even harder to make the backline next year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope Skelton kills it in the trials and gets the nod for round 1, Xerri will most likely start the year in cup.
If we are going to succeed this year we need the other way round dude

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Find the team that will beat Parra Rd 1, that is all that matters.

In the mean time you can sulk about all the hurt feelings on the Kennel.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skelton missed opportunities to play FG this year through injury and suspension unfortunately ,it's gonna be even harder to make the backline next year.
Just had a look at the stats and he started 2 games.

Made 180m and 190m. Also both times over 70 post contact metres . To be fair we played 2 shit teams in his appearances.

Penrith and Brisbane.

Not saying he is a superstar but when we have below average middles I think he should play. Even in front of Kiraz

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Made 180m and 190m. Also both times over 70 post contact metres . To be fair we played 2 shit teams in his appearances.

Penrith and Brisbane.

Not saying he is a superstar but when we have below average middles I think he should play. Even in front of Kiraz
He was unlucky.So much competition next year in the backs, I bet they are training the house down

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Penrith and Brisbane.

Kiraz was pumping out big numbers before he got injured earlier in the season. Averaged 205m and 62pcm pre injury.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're all hoping that Xerri will earn his place in the side and dominate when he does however I'm fairly confident he'll start in cup so if it's a choice between Skelton and Wilson for round 1 I'm all in on Skelton.
Skelton cant even play centre in reserve grade so unless he improves 10 fold he wont be there

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fair enough, I personally think we'd be a more dangerous with Skelton in the side over the other options but everyone's entitled to their opinion.
until we see Skelton at centre in reserve grade I don't think we're going to see him play there in 1st grade unless we have mass injuries.