My Backline For trials Update.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Obviously I didn't make it clear that my first 1-7 were to trial in First Grade.

My second 1-7 were to trial in NSW Cup. Everyone agrees Perham is not a no1, but could he be a no.6? If he doesn't perform in 2024 he is finished anyway.

I am apparently stupid wanting Xerri to play for 30-40 minutes in a trial at no 6. Who knows he may be a bigger version of Terry Lamb? After all it is only a TRIAL!!
And with what I've read he has been training since March. With pre season training as well, he would only be lacking match fitness & I believe that is what trials are for.

However, a vast majority on this site are happy to see two of the best centres in the NRL, play permanently in 1 & 6. (Are they stupid also?) They did win a premiership playing in the centres, did they not?

I feel sorry for Burton, if he had stayed at Penrith he would have won another two premierships. He has been tried at 7, not good, he has been tried at 6, & I have read he wants to succeed there & no doubt we are all behind him, so let's hope he does. But please let's not still be shuffling players around mid season trying to find their best positions. I admire young Burton for giving his all when joining a team at the bottom end of the ladder to the team he left.

Great news re young Oloapu. Hopefully he will be able to return in due course, but the rest of his life is more important than football.

And lastly to all the immature foul mouths that frequent this site. Your only agenda in life appears to be to put down anyone who contributes regarding football.
So you learnt how to swear in primary when you were 8-10, & it appears that's all you are still capable of.
If this is a football forum I would suggest you either contribute, grow up or shut up!! All you are doing is proving to the rest of the Kennelers what low intelligence you have.

And no I am not Nasheed, who obviously has a good time getting you lot to bite. I was born in 1939, & followed the Blue Bags up until they got kicked out of the comp.
Ask your Grand Parents about Reckitts Blue Bags.

The Dogs are blue & white so I've been a supporter since the early 80's. Old Whitey signing off permanently, & leaving you foul mouths to continue on sniping at each other.
Then you would have loved it when Warren Ryan came to the Dogs with Kelly and Bugden. I also think one of my school mates Alan Geelan came over. Funny enough I think that was the year we got Phil Gould and the Big man Daryl Brohman lol.

Last edited:

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I offered my services but was quickly rejected.
Yeah ….. mods got it together enough to know if you had control over the “button” you would press it and end us all in one of your regular “blue moods”!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The only reason I didn’t put Wilson at fullback is I’ve never seen him play there and wouldn’t know how he will handle it.
Bit of a shame he didn't get a go this year so CC could check him out in that position.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah ….. mods got it together enough to know if you had control over the “button” you would press it and end us all in one of your regular “blue moods”!!
I'm not dangerous, I promise

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Round 1
1 Tracey
2 Kiraz
3 Crichton
4 Burton
5 Fox
6 Hutchison
7 Sexton
The more I look at that line up the more I like it. The only problem I see is our back 5 are going to have to do alot of hard carries. I am a bit worried with JAC and Burton together could get trapped in our own end alot. Burton has the size (he is like 6,2 or 6,3 and 95 Kgs) but never really seen him use it that way.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have a feeling Xerri won't be there yet. Focus on developing Xerri, Wilson, Papali'i, Skelton and Samrani in Cup. That cup backline will do some damage.

1 Taaffe
2 Kiraz
3 Critta
4 Tracey
5 JAC
6 Burto
7 Sexton

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The more I look at that line up the more I like it. The only problem I see is our back 5 are going to have to do alot of hard carries. I am a bit worried with JAC and Burton together could get trapped in our own end alot. Burton has the size (he is like 6,2 or 6,3 and 95 Kgs) but never really seen him use it that way.
Fox is definitely a concern.But I think Burto can handle it. Certainly no problem with Kiraz or Tracey

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would put my concern for you "holding the power" up there with having Trump in a similar situation..........so I'm sure we are all fine...nothing to see here....
You know I actually step up when given responsibilities and strive under pressure, I'm like a diamond. It's like that time I found out I had a 7 year old son. I had to step up and get my shit sorted. 4 years on and and she still hasn't found me, the little bastard hasn't got a cent out of me. I really stepped up and delivered in a pressure cooker environment, can't see how it wouldn't be the same story with me as a kennel moderator.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know I actually step up when given responsibilities and strive under pressure, I'm like a diamond. It's like that time I found out I had a 7 year old son. I had to step up and get my shit sorted. 4 years on and and she still hasn't found me, the little bastard hasn't got a cent out of me. I really stepped up and delivered in a pressure cooker environment, can't see how it wouldn't be the same story with me as a kennel moderator.
The first part of that i read in the voice i hear when reading Flanagun posts......are 2u related??
The 2nd half transitioned into Nasheed's voice....same question....