Mr Jaycar pissed off at Moore's sacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
OUTSPOKEN Canterbury backer Gary Johnston has blasted the club's staff, board and players for the sacking of Kevin Moore, but stopped short of withdrawing his sponsorship over the drama.

Johnston, the managing director of major sponsor Jaycar Electronics, is unhappy that Moore was axed with 18 months on his contract.

''My first reaction is I'm disappointed the club has had this blow-up with Kevin,'' Johnston said. ''I actually think he's a good coach. I believe Kevin is a victim of some of his playing staff letting him down, frankly. I thought Kevin Moore might have been there a bit longer. If I'd had any influence, I would have kept Kevin for at least another year.''

Asked whether he would make good on his threat to reconsider his sponsorship if Moore was scalped, Johnston said he wasn't going to complicate the equation, at this stage, by threatening to withdraw sponsorship.

Adrian Proszenko

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ore-sacking-20110716-1hj0v.html#ixzz1SHMk8k3Z

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
SO there ... he's not going anywhere - He pays the bills he can say what he likes, so Ner,Ner, Ner-Ner NErrrr :p

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'd had any influence, I would have kept Kevin for at least another year.''

Give us your money and shut up. If you don't like it MOVE ON!!!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what doesnt this bloke want to see his name on a grand final team jersey, would rather keep moore and have it as the wooden spoon picture instead

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Leave, and then when we kill it next year - kick yourself

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
hope he stays coz jaycar n autobahn go hektik 2getha on our jerseyz bro ...

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
He thinks in his own mind that Moore is a good coach and should have not been sacked.

Where does it say in his sponsorship contract that he he has a say and should be acted upon the decisions regarding who comes and goes
in the club, especially the coach.

If I bought a racehorse and gave it to Bart Cummings to train, I would be the last person to give him advice on how to train.

With Ricky on board next year potential sponsors can already see the value of having their name associated with the Bulldogs.

Take the Jaycar logo off our jumper and there wouldn't be a blank space for long. It would probably cost more to get that space than he already is paying and he knows it.

Pay out the money and shut the fark up!!!

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
OUTSPOKEN Canterbury backer Gary Johnston has blasted the club's staff, board and players for the sacking of Kevin Moore, but stopped short of withdrawing his sponsorship over the drama.

Johnston, the managing director of major sponsor Jaycar Electronics, is unhappy that Moore was axed with 18 months on his contract.

And you sir are going to reimburse all the Bulldogs supporters that have wasted their money that has been spent either watching them play (if thats what you call it) or all monies spent on merchendise,
i don't think that would ever happen, so be like the rest of us & live with it.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
He should STFU, as I'm sick of him parading himself like he has a major stake in making decisions for our club.

P

Paint.

He should STFU, as I'm sick of him parading himself like he has a major stake in making decisions for our club.
WHAT THE FCK??
The board really, really, really need to take a look at themselves if they could make Will swear... =/

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hey hey hey goodbyeee.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree, if he wants, he can take his money and **** off. Plenty of other businesses would take a shirt sponsorship offer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Give him a chance to vent. He's a fan just like everyone else. Not everyone agrees with the Moore sacking, but that's just sour grapes because Johnson would have met Moore at many a function. He probably saw Moore as a good buddy, like everyone at the club seems to say about Moore (too friendly with everyone).

But when he meets our new coach, when the team turns around, and when we start winning games, THEN I'm sure he'll change his tune. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, and keep his sponsorship (because it is a good place to have as a sponsor).

Status
Not open for further replies.