Mr Burns

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
yo whats the consensus on this guy?

he is up at end of season, are we extensioning him?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Burns .. acrually super talented player with good hands .. one of the good guys in our team who’s defence is somewhat lacking , atleast burns tries every game to win, I love averello as a dogs junior but I feel he goes missing and doesn’t have a big heart. I want the old bulldogs who were super tough like honestly I remember being a kid growing up and everyone in our team had mongrel , I feel even in the Kevin moore era our team was tough .. the rot started once haslers des ball came in. Such a long curse on us.. but brighter times ahead for us

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got concerns because you fart on average 14 times a day, and each fart travels from your body at 7 mph

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is alright in a decent team, but if we have someone better coming through, I wouldn't keep him.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate him more than most on here as a capable first grader, but he’s no game changer.
There’s better players with us at 1-5 for next year though

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
My issue is he’s good depth but legit is there even room????????????????

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get out a large plunger & start pumping the sewrage out of the bowl furiously. I wouldn't renew any off contracts unless they accept minimum nrl wage that is how highly I rate them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Get out a large plunger & start pumping the sewrage out of the bowl furiously. I wouldn't renew any off contracts unless they accept minimum nrl wage that is how highly I rate them.
The money is important but taking up a Top 30 spot is just as critical to further improvement of the club.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Average first grader. Suspect under the high ball. Has an error or 2 in his game. In a good team with a good winger he’d do well with his slick hands at centre. But he is a reserve grader that you wouldn’t want playing more then half a dozen games a year.

He’d be horrendous at fullback.

Better off scouting a 18-20 year old to fill the reserve grade spot then a tried mid 20 year old that honestly shouldn’t be a week in week put nrl player. Same boat as waddelling. Not a bad 18th to come in when injures hit. When he is an 80 min player week in week out he isn’t polished enough. Few too many errors and penalties. But then again if you lose a player and he fills in 6-8 times a year off the bench for 25 mins then he isn’t too bad. But we should be looking for the next king, Preston etc for those roles instead of someone who is approaching 100 nrl games but in reality would have had a 20-30 games career elsewhere in total.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

1 Crichton
2 JAC
3 Alamoti
4 Xerri
5 Kiraz

Others: Perham(under contract 2024), Skelton, Casey, Wilson

Burns, Averillo and Okunbor will only be back up if they remain or if Xerri can't handle his return. I'd lose one of Averillo or Burns. Ciraldo apparently said Averillo has the potential to be one of the best centres in the game LOL so I'd say he'll be re-signing (hopefully on the cheap because he hasn't proven much in his years with us) He's overrated in my opinion. Unless Burns is willing to accept close to minimum wage (which he could) he needs to go and I think we should replace Okunbor also. He's had years to prove himself but he's just full of mistakes. Seems though Ciraldo has a hard on for him also so he'll probably re-sign. F..king off Flanagan is the main objective..

We desperately need 2 big body props like NAS or Lodge plus Royce Hunt. If we need money for them I hope the club is willing to shed Burns, Averillo and Okunbor.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, hes not a regular first grader and we'll have other players I would pick on the depth chart before him next year - Crichton, Jac, Kiraz, Alamoti, Xerri, Skelton, Perham, Wilson, Casey, Samrani, Papali'i and possibly Averillo.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was between him and Schouppee so now should be his chance

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We desperately need 2 big body props like NAS or Lodge plus Royce Hunt. If we need money for them I hope the club is willing to shed Burns, Averillo and Okunbor.
I know Royce Hunt just extended for a year but contracts mean jack these days, I'd definitely offer him a 3 year deal for better money than the Sharks gave him.
As much as I want a big money prop like NAS I think we'd be better off spending marquee money on a half like Ben Hunt if he leaves the Dragons.
Adding Ben Hunt and a couple big boppers like Royce Hunt and Darryn Schonig who has been playing great in qld cup, would go along way to fixing some of our problems I think.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's okay depth at centre but wouldn't want to pay him much more than minimum wage and a year to year deal so probably would let him go. Tbh probably would rather someone in reserve grade with potential anyways. A similar story with Waddell (in the middle).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Average, don’t mind either way. Depth at most.