Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the rumours of new signings Lichaa and Rona along with the departure of Ennis are true and speaking hypothetically of next years team, where does the up and coming Mbye fit into the starting 17? Obviously, Des favours his 4 forward interchange and I doubt he will sacrifice a forward for Mbye?

Possible Starting 17

1. Rona
2. Perrett
3. Lafai
4. Morris
5. Brown
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. T-Rex
12. Jackson
13. Finucane

14. Kasiano
15. Pritchard
16. Eastwood
17. Klemmer

Browne, Mbye, Inu, Stanley??

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do I have NFI who Rona is?

Can someone give me a brief run down, please?

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do I have NFI who Rona is?

Can someone give me a brief run down, please?
From memory, his name is Curtis Rona, from the North Queensland Cowboys and can play wing, centre and fullback!

Hope that can help!!

Apparently every game he plays with the cowboys he scores a TRY :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
rona wont play fb.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you.

Is he in the Cowboys NRL side? (I don't watch much NRL anymore)

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Lafai to NSW cup than?
f*ck no lmao

possibly wing instead of brown or stanley/thompson

although i'd really like to see stanley stay in the fg side (injury free of course). he showed real promise

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lafai to NSW cup than?
lol no. He will fight for a wing spot. Big, strong and a great finisher. Not the fastest but he is just as fast as any other winger we have at the club. He has never played fb, only played backrow/centre/wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
f*ck no lmao

possibly wing instead of brown or stanley/thompson

although i'd really like to see stanley stay in the fg side (injury free of course). he showed real promise
i like stanley on the wing, good kick returns and extremely safe under the high ball and he knows how to finish a try.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
There is no way in hell Lafai will be dropped to the NSW Cup squad

Rona would probably be used on the wing, ahead of Mitch Brown is what I'm thinking

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Right wing rona
stanley left wing
still no fb!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If the rumours of new signings Lichaa and Rona along with the departure of Ennis are true and speaking hypothetically of next years team, where does the up and coming Mbye fit into the starting 17? Obviously, Des favours his 4 forward interchange and I doubt he will sacrifice a forward for Mbye?

Possible Starting 17

1. Rona
2. Perrett
3. Lafai
4. Morris
5. Brown
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. T-Rex
12. Jackson
13. Finucane

14. Kasiano
15. Pritchard
16. Eastwood
17. Klemmer

Browne, Mbye, Inu, Stanley??
Browne will be in the side somewhere, apparently Des has aspirations for him. Great to have excellent forward depth though.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had the impression Rona is too big and powerful to be used and wasted as a winger as he would be alot more effective and intimidating playing fullback and chiming into the sweeping plays for the outside backs.

IMO we are missing one big and powerful ball runner (i.e Hayne, Inglis) who comes into the sweeping plays and draws in 2 defenders purely because of their size and indimidation which in more cases than not creates multiple overlaps for your outside backs as well as drawing in defenders leaving ample space in behind for a grubber or chip kick.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Browne will be in the side somewhere, apparently Des has aspirations for him. Great to have excellent forward depth though.
which forward would be dropped for Browne?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Must be a policy with Des, have a nice quiet bloke on the wing in each team he fields

At Manly he had Michael Robertson, then he had Johno Wright when he came to the Dogs then Wright went to the Sharks and now he has Mitch Brown

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I just had the impression Rona is too big and powerful to be used and wasted as a winger as he would be alot more effective and intimidating playing fullback and chiming into the sweeping plays for the outside backs.

IMO we are missing one big and powerful ball runner (i.e Hayne, Inglis) who comes into the sweeping plays and draws in 2 defenders purely because of their size and indimidation which in more cases than not creates multiple overlaps for your outside backs as well as drawing in defenders leaving ample space in behind for a grubber or chip kick.
His not wasted as a winger. A winger these days must provide:
- Metres
- Aerial abillity
- Finishing

Rona provides all of that. The winger has never been more valuable than it is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.