Movie types knock on Idris' door

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny Weidler
August 29, 2010

BULLDOGS star Jamal Idris's acting career might be about to get off to a flying start - he's just been offered the lead role in an upcoming Australian movie, and he's seriously looking at taking it up. Idris and his agent, Sam Ayoub, have been sworn to secrecy about the role, and neither was prepared to elaborate on the movie. ''Yes, I can confirm there is a role for him, a very good role, but the producers do not want me to talk about it at this point,'' Ayoub said. Jamal just laughed off questions about the movie, but he did say that he would love nothing more than to star in a movie. ''Of course I would - everyone has a dream, and mine was always to act, and I'm excited that there are opportunities,'' he said. ''I've been given a scholarship to learn all about acting, and I'll be taking that up. I've always loved watching actors do their stuff as much as I loved watching sportspeople.'' Favourite actor? ''Probably Denzel Washington, and I do like Angelina Jolie,'' he said. And movie? ''Cool Runnings, man,'' he laughed.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/movie-types-knock-on-idris-door-20100828-13wtf.html

Idris needs to be concentrating on footy if he doesn't wanna do that then he shouldn't be here IMO

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Lots of footy players have interests outside of the game. If he was to leave at some stage I'd prefer it was to go and become an actor than play for the Roosters or something..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of footy players have interests outside of the game. If he was to leave at some stage I'd prefer it was to go and become an actor than play for the Roosters or something..
If his mind isn't on footy and trying to succeed at the age of 19-20 what are the chances he will sign on next year???

Atleast Sonny was 23-24 when mundine got to his head and did the runner. Idris might flee to Hollywood before 21 :p

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Movie types knock on Idris' door
Danny Weidler
August 29, 2010

BULLDOGS star Jamal Idris's acting career might be about to get off to a flying start - he's just been offered the lead role in an upcoming Australian movie, and he's seriously looking at taking it up. Idris and his agent, Sam Ayoub, have been sworn to secrecy about the role, and neither was prepared to elaborate on the movie. ''Yes, I can confirm there is a role for him, a very good role, but the producers do not want me to talk about it at this point,'' Ayoub said. Jamal just laughed off questions about the movie, but he did say that he would love nothing more than to star in a movie. ''Of course I would - everyone has a dream, and mine was always to act, and I'm excited that there are opportunities,'' he said. ''I've been given a scholarship to learn all about acting, and I'll be taking that up. I've always loved watching actors do their stuff as much as I loved watching sportspeople.'' Favourite actor? ''Probably Denzel Washington, and I do like Angelina Jolie,'' he said. And movie? ''Cool Runnings, man,'' he laughed.

FRANK GUTTED TO GO

DEPARTING Panther Frank Pritchard broke down when made the call to leave the club where he has played since the age of 16. The truth is Pritchard wanted to stay put, but the Panthers did not have their deal prepared for him to sign when he and his manager, David Riolo, met the club bosses at 2pm on Tuesday. And for Pritchard that was the final straw. Pritchard told me weeks before that he wanted to be a Panther for life. He wanted to be a one-club man and Penrith just needed to come up with a reasonable deal. That didn't happen. In the end the Bulldogs were simply more professional than Penrith.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/movie-types-knock-on-idris-door-20100828-13wtf.html

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if it's done on his own time, then i don't know why people have a problem with it

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Jamal Idris as an actor is like a bee sting on your knob. Not real good. He's just young and being a d!ck

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
maybe he should focus on his defence rather than a movie career

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
First the Tandy rubbish and then this. Weidler is really struggling for a story

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yer stupid his a great defender its his reads in defence dat r bad
Erm isn't reading part of being a good defender? If your reads are poor and that means you are unable to make a tackle then that is poor defending. Defending isn't just being able to make a tackle.

TJ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol is it me or is Danny Weidler always there to taint whatever we have that is good. We have Jamal Idris (a rising superstar) and he releases this and we just pull off a massive coup in signing Pritchard and he waters it down by saying that he didnt really want to come. I dont care whether its true or not, all im trying to say is does it need to be reported in the media? No substance whatsoever, obviously has an agenda against us or i guess thats how he made his career on the back of bulldog scandals and is trying to build on it and gain some more spotlight, whatever it is i dont appreciate the bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.