Movie Discussion

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Triple frontier, was a bit wary with Ben Affleck but i had no expectations ended up really enjoying it .It was entertaining it got a fair few bad reviews which in my world usually makes a movie good, its better than a ton of shit out there sit back turn brain off and just enjoy
Looks good, just finished downloading it & will watch tonight after the footy

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Former Special Forces operatives reunite to plan a heist in a sparsely populated multi-border zone of South America. For the first time in their prestigious careers, these unsung heroes undertake this dangerous mission for themselves instead of the country. But when events take an unexpected turn and threaten to spiral out of control, their skills, their loyalties, and their morals are pushed to a breaking point in an epic battle for survival.

A solid turn off your brain and just enjoy action flick. I was expecting more though, but not sure why after reading this was dropped by a major movie studio and pick up by Netflix, as well as being stuck in development hell since 2010 with a re-written script and more actors coming and going than a lower table premier league football side, this being the end result is a bit disappointing.

6/10

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 9445

Former Special Forces operatives reunite to plan a heist in a sparsely populated multi-border zone of South America. For the first time in their prestigious careers, these unsung heroes undertake this dangerous mission for themselves instead of the country. But when events take an unexpected turn and threaten to spiral out of control, their skills, their loyalties, and their morals are pushed to a breaking point in an epic battle for survival.

A solid turn off your brain and just enjoy action flick. I was expecting more though, but not sure why after reading this was dropped by a major movie studio and pick up by Netflix, as well as being stuck in development hell since 2010 with a re-written script and more actors coming and going than a lower table premier league football side, this being the end result is a bit disappointing.

6/10
I see this everytime I turn Netflix on. I was actually looking forward to it lol. Might be a lazy afternoon movie ay :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Salma Hayek posted this on Instagram... I cannot FREAKING wait!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Geez Salma just doesn't age. Movie should be good, first one was funny.
Yep loved it. Always hard for a sequel to be as good as the first one so it will be interesting.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bring back Blockbuster DVD
Good old days of video stores, walking up and down the popcorn-scented aisles. Memories that kids of today will never know :( quite sad really.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bumblebee

I was a little surprised by this one. Like literally every person that ever existed, I have been burnt by the Michael Bay Transformers films. They range between tolerable and pure crap. Fortunately this movie is directed by someone completely different.

The movie really captures the original transformers. The Transformers have their original look. They don't look like the overly complex, stupid versions that Michael Bay came up with. They look much like the original cartoon versions, and much of the humour is like the cartoon version. As a whole the movie is like a mix between the original cartoon and a Disney movie with a little more dark, adult themes in there. The best way to describe the movie is, "Fun". It is just a great mixture of comedy and fun antics, blended perfectly with classic transformers.

Unfortunately the movie takes a weird turn at the end that is just plane stupid. It feels like they set up the perfect fun transformers movie then fired all the writers and brought in some idiots to finish it off. The entire last 20 minutes was so bad that it actually pissed me off that they would ruin an otherwise great movie with this convoluted crap.

I'd still highly recommend it. It's not full of gratuitous arse shots and confusing animation like the other transformer films. It just has a fun and heart filled story. But prepare yourself for the crap at the end.

7.5/10

It would have been 9/10 if it wasn't for the last 20 minutes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bumblebee

I was a little surprised by this one. Like literally every person that ever existed, I have been burnt by the Michael Bay Transformers films. They range between tolerable and pure crap. Fortunately this movie is directed by someone completely different.

The movie really captures the original transformers. The Transformers have their original look. They don't look like the overly complex, stupid versions that Michael Bay came up with. They look much like the original cartoon versions, and much of the humour is like the cartoon version. As a whole the movie is like a mix between the original cartoon and a Disney movie with a little more dark, adult themes in there. The best way to describe the movie is, "Fun". It is just a great mixture of comedy and fun antics, blended perfectly with classic transformers.

Unfortunately the movie takes a weird turn at the end that is just plane stupid. It feels like they set up the perfect fun transformers movie then fired all the writers and brought in some idiots to finish it off. The entire last 20 minutes was so bad that it actually pissed me off that they would ruin an otherwise great movie with this convoluted crap.

I'd still highly recommend it. It's not full of gratuitous arse shots and confusing animation like the other transformer films. It just has a fun and heart filled story. But prepare yourself for the crap at the end.

7.5/10

No arseshots? Fuck that!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No arseshots? Fuck that!
The main chick wears denim shorts but they don't make it into stupid (but sexy) arse shots like in the other transformers movies. It's also a little awkward 'cause even though the actress is 21 and her character is 18, she still looks like she's about 15.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The main chick wears denim shorts but they don't make it into stupid (but sexy) arse shots like in the other transformers movies. It's also a little awkward 'cause even though the actress is 21 and her character is 18, she still looks like she's about 15.
If that's the case I'm glad there isn't any arse shots.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2283362/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I know I've already reviewed this on here, but it must be said again. I freaking LOVE this movie. I was actually expecting it to be a letdown, but it was he complete opposite. It is completely different from the 1995 movie, except that they get sucked into a board game which comes from a seemingly 8 or 16 bit console.

Kevin Hart is by far the funniest character in this movie. Fast talking, wise cracking, and you just never know what he's going to say next.

Mind you, the cast in the poster are the avatars based on what the characters playing the game selected - and these are all high school kids.

Very funny movie. If you're after a laugh it's highly recommended.

8/10.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, the rock is the new Samuel L. Jackson, the prick is in everything.

Manager: excuse me, Mr. The rock there's a mov....

The rock: I'll take it.

Manager: the story is abo....

The rock: you deaf? I said I'll take it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, the rock is the new Samuel L. Jackson, the prick is in everything.

Manager: excuse me, Mr. The rock there's a mov....

The rock: I'll take it.

Manager: the story is abo....

The rock: you deaf? I said I'll take it.
I feel the same with Dev Patel and the new Hotel Mumbai movie. It's like:

Director: We need a young Indian guy.
Casting Agent: *calls Dev on speed dial*

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bumblebee

7.5/10

Female lead = 7/10
Maths.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watched 'The Dirt' Netflix movie about Mötley Crüe, directed by Jeff Tramaine of Jackass.
Im not a hardcore fan at all, was bored so i watched it and tbh it was pretty good.
mc.jpg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched 'The Dirt' Netflix movie about Mötley Crüe, directed by Jeff Tramaine of Jackass.
Im not a hardcore fan at all, was bored so i watched it and tbh it was pretty good.
I've heard its pretty hardcore from the start?