Opinion Mounties team

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our Mounties just beat Panthers, who are leading the comp..is it time to blood more of our young guys with potential? Nothing to lose in my mind. You could also argue some will rise to the occasion when elevated to the top 17. We won’t know how good they are until given a crack.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not all over reggies.
Can another advise legitimate 1st grade options from that team? Any youth with any hope for next year?

mom alreay aware of Alamoti but he’s in the younger grades

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That Tui Katoa dude scored 3 tries, ran 120m, 7 tackle breaks, maybe he should play firstgrade...

That Renouf Atoni guy scored a try, ran 150m, 4 tackle breaks, 4 offloads..

Lol.

But seriously, short answer is none of these guys in reserves are going to be top 13 players in the short-term and make any sort of major difference to our current side.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
There is a reason why there in reserve grade
cause there crap and the step up to first grade is too big

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
That Tui Katoa dude scored 3 tries, ran 120m, 7 tackle breaks, maybe he should play firstgrade...

That Renouf Atoni guy scored a try, ran 150m, 4 tackle breaks, 4 offloads..

Lol.

But seriously, short answer is none of these guys in reserves are going to be top 13 players in the short-term and make any sort of major difference to our current side.
I was actually impressed with our hooker what was his name Dylan?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was actually impressed with our hooker what was his name Dylan?
Josh Daley I think? Defended reasonably well, service was okay. Probably your standard reserve grade hooker. Matterson had a decent game as did Davies.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No point persisting with players that aren't going to be here next year (e.g. Katoa, Napa and Hopoate). The only reason why they should be in the team is because of injuries. We're 1-11 ffs. Atoni in reserve grade is also a joke (unless he's signed elsewhere). If we have absolutely no one in reserve grade with any talent whatsoever what have we been doing the last 3 years or so. We were supposed to be building towards 21/22.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id be looking more at the Flegg competition for the players with potential to be quality first grade players from next year

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jack Miller, Ben Suefale and Josh Daley.
Seufale is a nuggety tackle breaking forward. Could be good off the bench for impact. Ex tigers under 20 player of the year I believe.
Josh Daley has impressed in his last 4 games at dummy half.
Jack Miller impressed yesterday, don’t know much about him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jack Miller, Ben Suefale and Josh Daley.
Seufale is a nuggety tackle breaking forward. Could be good off the bench for impact. Ex tigers under 20 player of the year I believe.
Josh Daley has impressed in his last 4 games at dummy half.
Jack Miller impressed yesterday, don’t know much about him.
Try 'em out Baz. They've stepped up and might bring some energy.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watched that game this morning, Daley did play really well. Atoni Ogden and Waddell did nothing to warrant a first grade recall. I thought it was strange Flanagan didn’t play, you would think he’d be playing to work on his game.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Mounties just beat Panthers, who are leading the comp..is it time to blood more of our young guys with potential? Nothing to lose in my mind. You could also argue some will rise to the occasion when elevated to the top 17. We won’t know how good they are until given a crack.
When they win three in a row then they must be in form and warrant a look in but one win doesn't prove a great deal other than a good win.

Bob The Builder

Waterboy
Reaction score
I thought James Roumanos was good on and off the ball. Good offloads good one on one strip and good ball player...hes a work in progress. We need smart players too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought James Roumanos was good on and off the ball. Good offloads good one on one strip and good ball player...hes a work in progress. We need smart players too.
Little to no chance he's given a top 30 contract for next year (no idea how he got 1 this year). I think we let him go, but maybe could keep him in reserves outside top 30 too.