Official Mounties (NSW Cup) 2021

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine playing hooker could be interesting. I thought he was a agile second rower, albeit a small one.

Does anyone know if he has experience in the 9 or do you think that's something that Baz and the first grade coach's are testing out?
Worth testing him at 9.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just looked at the whole Mounties roster and saw Matt Frawley.

It's not THAT Matt Frawley is it?

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Half time Mounties 16 Knights 4
Playing well.
Declan Casey can’t catch a high ball same as trial. Led to Knights try.
Most interesting for me is Topine at 9. He’s going pretty good. May be a good bench option as he can play back row, centre and hooker. Britt and Stimpson solid. Both second towers Doorey and Porter running hard.
I have been impressed with Suefali. Damaging runs and good offload.Vincent Rennie also gong well. Lewis average , Waksman ok. Our replacement forwards had more impact than Stimpson and Britt. Davies looking good coming on as dummy half.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The NSWRL website isn't particularly reliable for players
Haha yes I know what you mean. I assumed they would have an accurate list of players by the start of the comp.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Half time Mounties 16 Knights 4
Playing well.
Declan Casey can’t catch a high ball same as trial. Led to Knights try.
Most interesting for me is Topine at 9. He’s going pretty good. May be a good bench option as he can play back row, centre and hooker. Britt and Stimpson solid. Both second towers Doorey and Porter running hard.
I have been impressed with Suefali. Damaging runs and good offload.Vincent Rennie also gong well. Lewis average , Waksman ok. Our replacement forwards had more impact than Stimpson and Britt. Davies looking good coming on as dummy half.
Cheers for that. Particularly interested in how Topine does!

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Full time.
Mounties 30-8
Second half we were given little possession as a result of some dubious penalties against us late in tackle counts. Looked good when we had the ball. Out of the top 30 squad only Doorey looked good. I’m not a Lewis hater but he was diabolical. Dropped 2 straight forward passes and his kicking game was terrible. Casey is terrible, Katoa not NRL standard. Schoup and Manu better options. Waksman played second fiddle to Lewis but what touches he had looked the better player. If we get any injuries in the forwards our top 30 forwards don’t add much. We actually defended our line really well for long periods of time. There try came from a chip kick. I think Schoup will be a good solid first grader.