Mount Everest

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It’s been a very bad season on Mount Everest so far. 11 people have been confirmed dead and more are feared injured including a Sydney woman. This is one of the worst seasons that I can recall for deaths. It’s a combination of avalanches and human traffic jams that are causing it. I don’t know what it’s like up there, but I think people should swallow their pride and listen to their bodies and turn back if they feel that they are at breaking point.

As well as that, I believe that if people want approval to climb the summit, they have to be put through vigorous physicals in order to receive clearance (I’m not sure if this is a requirement so far).

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You could not pay me to do this. Hardest part would be climbing up with all that traffic, honestly!

A

Alexander the Great

They should ban this like music festivals. More people have died this year doing this than shelving pingers in their bumholes this year tbh.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck.. is that's a legit photo of the traffic, is it any wonder it's falling apart.

There are pretty strict rules and regulations around climbing Everest by the Nepalese government (to the point there is an actual Mountain Climbing Regulaton in their Tourism Act). It includes having experience in high altitude climbs, age, weight, and mobility restrictions, but some reckon it's still not enough.

Also I don't think it's heavily enforced.

Nepal could limit the number of climbers per year but it's a catch 22 given they rely on tourism heavily with Everest the drawcard.

I don't watch the simpsons :grinning:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im going to climb mount fuji in November barefoot .By climbing i mean ill walk 5 meters from the bottom take a picture job done

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's taken all the mystique out of the climb, soon there will be a McDonalds and Starbucks at the summit.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they cant turn back when they are feeling the effects, its summit fever time

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll wait to go when they put in the elevator.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to revisionists of certain definitions, Terrorism is anything that kills. My Everest is a terrorist and since it’s white at the peak it is therefore a white Christian supremacist the most rampant of terrorists.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to revisionists of certain definitions, Terrorism is anything that kills. My Everest is a terrorist and since it’s white at the peak it is therefore a white Christian supremacist the most rampant of terrorists.
You forgot about it’s Sherpa slaves.....