Moto GP Sepang. Cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Marco Simoncelli has had a nasty accident on the second lap. Didn't see what happened but everyone at the circuit are waiting news. Hope he pulls through.

Forza Marco!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Saw the crash, horrific.

His helmet was ripped completely off when Edwards made contact with Simoncelli, completely unavoidable.

Thoughts are with Marco Simoncelli.

[video=youtube;CBUa4F2fVik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUa4F2fVik[/video]

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
R.I.P Marco Simoncelli.

His death has just been announced, due to unsurvivable injuries sustained because of the crash.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
What a f*cking week.

First on Monday, Dan Wheldon passed away in IndyCars now Marco Simoncelli tonight.

Tragic weekend for the racing industry in general.

R.I.P. Wheldon & Simoncelli.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Footage is horrible, he was so entertaining last week you just never know when your times up

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
It was said he went into Cardiac Arrest when the track medics got to him following the crash.

What a cruel way to die, he was only 24.

Condolences to his family, friends and fellow GP riders.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
tragic! R.I.P!
he had such a future in the sport

i feel for his family and friends

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ffs you would have to be a big time pyscho to ride those bikes

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a Big Loss, i'm glad they cancelled the race, i heard spectaors were angry when they heard it was cancelled but they idnt know he has passed.

Sad news.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
It's a Nig Loss, i'm glad they cancelled the race, i heard spectators were angry when they heard it was cancelled but they idnt know he has passed.

Sad news.
You could hear the spectators booing and going off during commentary which was disgusting. Stoner was blowing up delux when this happened. In saying that the fkn dumb race announcer didn't mention Simo had been seriously hurt.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel for Rossi too, he was one of the riders that hit him

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very sad he was a very ballsy rider imo and would have been up there with Rossi etc in the coming years in MotoGP sad loss for the sport.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Very Tragic circumstances, may he RIP and condolences to his family..

Cant believe the week we've had in motorsport, first Dan Wheldon, then Lorenzo lost part of a finger in the moto-GP last week. The sport seems cursed..

Makes you realise how safe the V8 supercars category is.. with huge spectacular accidents such as the fabian coulthard crash on lap one of bathurst 2010, and also David Besnard's smash this year when his car was engulfed in flames... Luckily the both walked away unscathed, as have most V8 super car drivers by the proctection and saftey devices in their cars and clothing and other gear

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very tragic, R.I.P Marco Simoncelli.... And it would be so hard on both Rossi and the other rider who collided with him, it was an accident but you'd still feel like sh*t...Hopefully they do simular to v8's and make a Marco simoncelli memorial trophy or something.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The whole thing makes me feel numb and cold.. So very, very sad indeed :( He had the world at his feet as a rider and was destined for so much more.

I would not be suprised if Rossi retires as as result of this. He will be absolutely shattered as Simoncelli was one of his best mates.

Then his girlfriend (Simoncelli) & his father at the racetrack seeing him pass away.

24 years young.. way too early to go.

May he rest and race with the angels.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Very Tragic circumstances, may he RIP and condolences to his family..

Cant believe the week we've had in motorsport, first Dan Wheldon, then Lorenzo lost part of a finger in the moto-GP last week. The sport seems cursed..

Makes you realise how safe the V8 supercars category is.. with huge spectacular accidents such as the fabian coulthard crash on lap one of bathurst 2010, and also David Besnard's smash this year when his car was engulfed in flames... Luckily the both walked away unscathed, as have most V8 super car drivers by the proctection and saftey devices in their cars and clothing and other gear
it was only a couple of years ago someone died at bathurst. Its alot safer but yeah still very dangerous. Very courageous drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.