Most of You are SPITTING on PAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of you wanted Hasler gone...
Most of you were happy with appointment of Pay.
Now after a few BAD results are calling for a new coach.
What seems to me is no matter what and no matter who the coach is you will never be happy.
One must consider he is in his first appointment with a difficult task ahead of him. He needs at least 18 month to try an change the culture, roster and playing style. This is a realistic time frame. Before the season and now you say
1. MORRIS TWINS NEED TO RETIRE
2. ELLIOT IS RESERVE GRADER
3. TALAU AND FUALO ARE RESERVE GRADERS.
4. TOLMAN IS SHIT
5. WOODS SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN SIGNED
6. JOSH JACKSON OUT OF FORM
7. MONTOYA AND HOPPA OUT OF FORM
8. LIECHA IS SHIT (OVER LAST 3 SEASONS)
9. WE NEED A 5/8 TO PARTNER FORAN
10. OUR BENCH IS WORST IN NRL
11. DES RUINED OUR JUNIOR SYSTEM
12. BOARD ROOM FIGHTING
13. EASTWOOD OVER PAID
14. DES BACK ENDED DEALS (SALARY CAP A MESS)

I CAN NAME MORE.
NO COACH WITH ABOVE WILL BE ABLE TO FIX ABOVE.
Yet you are all blaming our new coach. HE NEEDS TIME he has had 5 matches. He will experiment, he will try things, he will change team around, let him do his thing. Judge him middle of next year that would be a fair time to see if he can coach.
LOOK AT KEARNY. EVERYONE THOUGHT HE WILL BE FIRST TO GET SACK.
We need to support our team. Not continually put our NEW COACH DOWN after 5 minutes expecting miracles.

Kind regards

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still very much in support of Pay and I think some of the reaction on TK has been a bit much

It is still only round 5 so have some perspective people.

Players still have Desball mindset (baring a few players) and team is a Des/Dib/Castle lovechild...

But in saying that, Pay could have made a few better decisions ... but I'm not ready to hang him for it..

I called for change and I got it !!! so now I have to be patient, I think Kennelers need to be a bit more patient

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please man I understand what your saying and I hope time will prove us wrong. But so not tell me with the current squad we have we should be 1/5... if parra win this weekend we are pretty much on par with them lol... we have international players across the park and representatives players also... if things were looking slightly better each week I’ll agree with you but we look to be getting worse.

I also agree not many teams would have beaten Canberra that night but still no excuses. They had one half playing and no interchanges with 20 to go and we had the rub of the green most of the game with penalties and possession. We looked lost and out played across the park. So when the coach comes out preseason and says we are changing our attack and bringing back the dogs of war we expect that. Not the total opposite. We are embarrassing and pups of shit.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be a shit show for a long period but like most things in life, differing opinions in tough times.... although alot of posters have called for his head, i think you'll find most here are willing to give him time and a chance to recruit his own players.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wanted Des gone but i certainly didn't want Pay...does that make it okay for me to bag him or?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not pays fault he is in there doing what he can with what he got no money in the cap and a previous management roster this year he has to make do simple
Very similar to brown at the knights had to come in and fix Bennett’s and tinkler mess

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s not pays fault he is in there doing what he can with what he got no money in the cap and a previous management roster this year he has to make do simple
Very similar to brown at the knights had to come in and fix Bennett’s and tinkler mess
It isn't even close, that's a terrible excuse. We have current and fomer internationals and SOO reps. We have experienced players, we have premiership winners, etc. Knights bad a bunch of kids ffs.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still in support and will give him time when he gets the team he wants. BUT he seems clueless to me.

His bench section is horrendous and the use of the bench is terrible. I know it payed off but him having Holland on the bench was mind boggling.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Please man I understand what your saying and I hope time will prove us wrong. But so not tell me with the current squad we have we should be 1/5... if parra win this weekend we are pretty much on par with them lol... we have international players across the park and representatives players also... if things were looking slightly better each week I’ll agree with you but we look to be getting worse.

I also agree not many teams would have beaten Canberra that night but still no excuses. They had one half playing and no interchanges with 20 to go and we had the rub of the green most of the game with penalties and possession. We looked lost and out played across the park. So when the coach comes out preseason and says we are changing our attack and bringing back the dogs of war we expect that. Not the total opposite. We are embarrassing and pups of shit.
To be fair, I had The Eels in my top 4 this year and I was amazed at how Arthur had them plays last year.

Should the Eels axe Arthur, I don't think so.

There are just so many variables, many of which I'm sure we have no clue about.

I'd be just stoked if we aimed up and played with way more aggression.....our forward pack is soft at the moment.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, I had The Eels in my top 4 this year and I was amazed at how Arthur had them plays last year.

Should the Eels axe Arthur, I don't think so.

There are just so many variables, many of which I'm sure we have no clue about.

I'd be just stoked if we aimed up and played with way more aggression.....our forward pack is soft at the moment.
There’s a lot going on at parra behind closed doors. They lost there main attacking weapon in radra, and fb injury and apparently players and coach ain’t seeing eye to eye etc...

Apparently we have a good vibe and culture at training and yet get dominated across the park. That’s what worries me. Are players not taking pay to seriously, are they to comfortable? Is he more of a mate then a coach? We all don’t know but something is seriously wrong and signs don’t look good atall

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
after Des' reign I would of accepted the local town drunk ..

Macgregor is a perfect example of how players matter....
Not really. The dragons started on fire last season because he got them back to basics.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay still needs to do better.
I agree, that there are no real solutions to our problems, within our roster, but we still have a team full of internationals and ex-internationals.
It’s pays job to get the best out of the squad we have at the moment.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our roster is not sensational, however it’s better than how we are playing. Our defence is atrocious, and there is no excuse. Pay, despite inheriting the roster, has had a full pre season with the team. He has to shoulder a lot of the blame. I think it’s a bit unfair to call for his sacking straight away, but on the back of the last few rounds, people have the right to be asking questions.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really. The dragons started on fire last season because he got them back to basics.
basics will jag you a few wins, but its not sustainable without cattle ... as proven many times over .. same thing will happen with tigers this year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who did you want that was available by the time Dib got the nuts to sack Des?
Georgallis. Would have preferred giving him a shot while keeping our options open instead of committing to a bloke that spent 5 years under Ricky and was the Raiders defensive coach.

I'm sure there were better options available elsewhere, but the people made it clear they wanted "Bulldog culture" so it was never going to be anyone else other than Pay.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
basics will jag you a few wins, but its not sustainable without cattle ... as proven many times over .. same thing will happen with tigers this year
Maybe, maybe not. All i know is Pay can't even get us fit and doing the basics.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. All i know is Pay can't even get us fit and doing the basics.
he may be making mistakes, but calling it after only 5 weeks is harsh.

You may be right at the end of the day but 5 weeks is not enough time to make a fair assessment, no matter who you are

Status
Not open for further replies.